Vistaprint

Great atmosphere and people

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people there were great - still keep in touch with a bunch, including my old boss. Beer on Friday's a great place to talk to people and get good opinions

Cons

Tough to move up, which is one of the reasons that I left. There were definitely some people that had been there for a long time, doing the same job, which is one thing I did not want to look back upon in 8 - 10 years.

My one concern is that I have heard through my friends that still work there that they are going through some middle - management layoffs. This is the kind of thing that was absolutely out of the question while I was there - everybody happy, needed, and secure in their roles. It seems that going public might have pushed the company into "how can we improve short term bottom line" mode...

Create a culture where advancement and career track is clear and visible.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Vistaprint (View Most Recent)

A great place to learn e-commerce

Former Employee - Creative in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Creative in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Vistaprint offers a great environment for entry level or younger workers. Weekly happy hours with free food are a great draw for those in their 20s. I've also never worked in such a large company where the young co-workers are so tight. Many of them vacation together, live together, and go through all of their career and major life events together. In that way, this is an excellent company for those who want to come in young and build roots that will last for a lifetime.

Cons

Frequently changing leadership was a disappointment for me. We would form a group, gel, build momentum...and then things would change again. After doing it a few times, it got very old and prevented us from moving forward.

Keep an eye on those who manage people to make sure they are managing down -- as well as "managing up."

Great fun company with plenty of challenging jobs

Former Employee - Marketing Analytics in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Analytics in Lexington, MA

I worked at Vistaprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work atmosphere, smart colleagues, benefits. The culture is great. The company also provides free weekly breakfast and a bi weekly food trucks lunch.

Cons

There have been a number of re-orgs and the company is still trying to find the right org structure.

There are newer employer reviews for Vistaprint