Productive and Relaxed Environment

Former Employee - Marketing in Centennial, CO
Former Employee - Marketing in Centennial, CO

I worked at Vistar Corporation

Pros

-Educated, hard working and FUN co-workers
-Relaxed and open environment, casual Fridays
-Free Snacks! (if you're in the right department or know the right people)
-Presence of female and minority leadership
-Good place to grow and learn, many employees have been here 10+ years
-Middle management seems to genuinely care about their employees well being
-Growing and expanding company

Cons

-Office building is kinda old
-Benefits could be improved
-Could use newer technology in the office
-Depending on who you talk to and which department, some middle management is not well qualified and need training in managing people
-Senior management and decision makers are all older and may not be in touch with new technologies or emerging markets
-Tend to keep people around because of seniority without encouraging growth or further education

Advice to Management

Morale could be improved with better benefits, specifically something to allow people more time with their families. Allow people to work remotely or 4/10's or offer some sort of child care option. Management should explore emerging online (global) markets and technologies (i.e. improve web presence, improve VistarVision, look at affiliate marketing, social media, etc.) Also, some employees and departments and understaffed while others have too many. Distribute work loads more evenly and clean house with under producing departments.

reviews filtered by
  1. My experience with this company was great! Management really cares about their employees.

Current Employee - Order Picker in Woodridge, IL
    Current Employee - Order Picker in Woodridge, IL

I have been working at Vistar Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the team environment and all hands on deck approach. It's a effective way to get everyone to work together.

Cons

The only downside is layoffs during slow seasons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. Great Starting point to start your career

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Vistar Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, Generous paid time off 2 weeks vacation after 1 year, the environment was professional and friendly also they are big on training the sales force and give you all of the tools you need to do the job. Laptop, phone, expense credit card. I never had to pay for anything out of my own pocket. Top notch company.

Cons

The company changed the way we dealt with customers. Instead of growing existing business the focus was changed to a new customer base. It was just opening new accounts and have little to do with the customer once they were set up. It got to be boring and I did not see a chance to move up. it was just a grind day after day which was why I left for the most part. Management was fair and professional.

Advice to Management

Treat experienced workers with respect and give them some praise once in a while as well as showing that you can give the benefit of the doubt.