Vistronix

There are newer employer reviews for Vistronix

No Better Than It Has To Be

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Vistronix

Pros

Vistronix contracts with the US federal government to provide IT services. The project I work on is extremely fun and interesting, but Vistronix is just a contractor that pays my salary and benefits. The work I do is defined entirely by the government agency. Vistronix stays out of the way. So, the best I can say of them is that they pay me reasonably well.

Cons

The health insurance they provide is the cheapest low-ball insurance they feel they can get away with. The mental health coverage is pretty much a no-op.

Why would anyone want to work for Vistronix? The best I can say of them is, they're not as bad as they might be.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Vistronix (View Most Recent)

A Company That Cares and Allows You to Dare

I worked at Vistronix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive and caring for employees' personal situations.
    Provides resources for employees to stretch and take risks when it might help the company grow.
    Outstanding Human Resources service center which is very flexible and accommodating to employee needs.
    Will give you the opportunity to take on new responsibilities if you ask for it--not stuck in a mindset that limits your ability based on your role (for example, you can take on technical tasks even if you don't have that background).
    CEO is very open to suggestions from employees.
    Has some unique benefits, such as long-term care insurance.

Cons

Doesn't have the resources of larger companies

Former Employee of Technology Associates Inc. Bought out by Vistronix Inc.

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Midwest City, OK

I have been working at Vistronix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is your standard work environment. You have a site that you are hired to work at as this company primarily bids on contracts for public and private sector IT Work.
    Depending on your location and job role, it can be an exciting opportunity to be able to work more in the field instead of being stuck at a desk taking phone calls and providing Remote support only.
    The Company is fairly friendly as far as management and Human Resources. They try to make the effort to give you a good work/life balance.

Benefits are what you want them to be since you have to shop for your own with this company. It is nice because you can select what you want and don't want.

Cons

Promotions are next to non-existent. If you get one, be prepared for little to no compensation increase.
    Raises are non-existent.
    Bonuses are non-existent.

They want you to get certifications, as many as possible but will not bump your pay for having more and making yourself more valuable of an employee.

You may get "lucky" and be handed even more responsibility than you originally were provided without any compensation or Title adjustment.

No Over time.
    No additional leave time.

Here are some things to consider about your employees should you want to keep them as they are your best investment.

Let them know they are valued.
    Sit down and actually have meetings with them to determine who they are and what they can excel in to be better for themselves and the company.

Consider paying them a fair wage. At current "Due to Government oversight"Our Tier 1 Technicians make more than our Tier 2 Technicians with their base pay.

I have worked for this company for just short of 3 years and haven't received anything to compensate me for being a good employee to this company. On time, extra responsibilities, extra workload, friendly personality, Professional attire and additional education.

15 days of Sick/Leave combined time off. Earned 10 leave hours a month.So...better get to saving. You can take that vacation you want next year if you don't have anything come up.

I really enjoy working for this company as a person, but as an employee there is no room to move and no compensation to be had.

When the DoD is paying you millions and you pay your experienced employees call center wages, you are going to probably lose some valued employees as i have seen over the past 3 years.

There are newer employer reviews for Vistronix