There are newer employer reviews for Vita Coco

Vita Coco Boston needs a serious revamp in Team Management

Current Employee - Brand Educator in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Brand Educator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Vita Coco

Pros

Free cases of Vita Coco product
Good pay for what you do
You get to help change people's buying / drinking habits
Help individuals become more healthy and give up CocaCola / Pepsi products
Get to sell to everybody and anybody, infants to seniors; everybody is a potential customer!

Cons

Promises from 'upper management' are never followed through with
Verbal abuse from boss over the phone regularly, hang ups from bosses (how professional ?)
Poor communication, no organization, essentially felt like I was working for high school kids
Promotions were given to friends and buddies over employees out performing in sales
No growth, no fairness, complete ignorance from senior employees
No loyalty to the product, half the people in upper management dont even drink or believe in Vita Coco, only in their paychecks from corporate
Disrespectful bosses treat employees horribly when really we are the face and salespeople of this company

You need a serious remodeling of the type of company culture you create. Boston's team is poisoning the brand identity inside out. Just because you have awesome, outgoing, energetic Brand Educators doesn't mean your company has a right to treat them however they like. I have heard about management across the country and it seems to vary by state, but the Boston Metro marketing team is a dirty player. It was despicable working under this management, and now although I still love Vita Coco more than life itself, it will forever sit as a mean, rude, betraying company to me.

reviews filtered by
  1. No team feel.

I have been working at Vita Coco

Pros

Opportunity to grow.
    Fast paced business.

Cons

Negative workplace.
    Poor salary for the amount of work.
    Disorganized.

2. I learned so much working at Vita Coco

I worked at Vita Coco

Pros

A fun, collaborative company to work for. There is plenty of opportunity to create innovate strategies to increase customer loyalty. Management is extremely supportive and encouraging.

Cons

Marketing is an as needed basis. I loved what I was doing for them as far as promoting Vita Coco on a college campus. However, they terminated the program across the country due to the increase in sales in the target market.

There are newer employer reviews for Vita Coco