Vitacost

www.vitacost.com

Ready, fire, aim!

ProsThe meager 10% employee discount...which is actually less than some monthly sales.

ConsWhen asked about all of his failed experiments while inventing the light bulb Thomas Edison said, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Working at Vitacost's Las Vegas distribution center will be a lot like that. Processes will be introduced, changed, changed again then forgotten when something else becomes more important. Then you will be reprimanded for not taking care of all of the things that have gone wrong while you were trying to take care of the newest "important" problem. You will certainly gain an education in futility.

Every day will be a battle. "Improvements" will be made (with very little collaborative effort) and will only serve to move the problem to another area. Only after the "better method" fails will the people who do the day-to-day work be asked for their input. At no time will failures be acknowledged.

The word "unacceptable" will be thrown around daily. Ignorant faith will be put in the newest "this is going to double our productivity" re-design. Meanwhile you won't know who works where because of the constant movement of personnel from "this is out of control" area to "this CANNOT continue" pile of problems.

If you want to spend 60 hours a week (getting paid for 40) beating yourself up...this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdmit that you don't have enough people to do the work then hire more people instead of working extra hours and days week after week. Treat your employees like people rather than automaton beasts of burden and SHOW them that you appreciate them rather than just talk about it. Figure out what you're doing (as a TEAM) and stick with it.

Think carefully before joining Vitacost

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Vitacost full-time for less than a year

Pros: 1. Close to top to executives. Current CEO is a legend in this industry and very easy-going and hard-working;current CMO and CFO are very knowledgeable,… Cons: 1. There is no cubles and open working environment is very noisy. It is difficult for people to concentrate on working. Particularly difficult for technical… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to create a comfortable enviroment for employees to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Get ready for blame and immaturity from the leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Vitacost full-time for more than a year

Pros: Learning experience, career growth opportunity, work for a market leader, enjoy the benefits while they… Cons: Poor decisions from leadership end up making every employee suffer. Attention deficit disorder from the top distracts everyone. Open workspace environment leaves you unable to… Advice to Senior Management: Why don't you call if it's an emergency? Work out a system to call people instead of expecting people to log in and check email… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Vitacost.

Worked for Vitacost? Contribute to the Community!