Vitacost
www.vitacost.com Boca Raton, FL 500 to 999 Employees

Low Morale Makes Everyone Fail

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Vitacost full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company will let you work your entire shift before letting you know you have been fired so you get those last 8 hours of work. Because their are no cubicle walls, you could possibly see your replacement being interviewed in the "former executive offices". Like someone said in another post, the company offers filtered-water for it's employees

ConsThere is always a breeze from the revolving doors from employees being fired or having quit due to low morale. Executives continue to get raises and bonuses while employee benefits continue to be curtailed due to "budget" issues. Employees have to buy it's own office supplies due to frugal CEO. CEO "puppets" get preferrable treatment, you can tell who they are by where they are situated around him. The company will use you until they have squeezed every last ounce of knowledge out of you. They won't tell you that you're doing something wrong, they will just use their "recruiter" to find a replacement. Trust Me.. Do not accept that call. I got hired by the former recruiter and that person has already left this god-aweful company. This company is an industry leader in turnovers. HR always looks the other way and sides with the Executive team because they are scared themselves. HR at Vitacost.com is not trustworthy and they cannot be trusted. IT is clueless. All of their jobs will be outsourced to India pretty soon. Someone had mentioned in another post that most of the employees are all ex-Office Depot employees. The place is full of former Office Depot employees who are just drones and do not have any industry knowledge. Pivot tables and excel spreadsheets do not give insight to the what this company needs. The CEO needs to wake up. FInd some qualified industry experts or keep the employees who have been there an opportunity to shine. 6 months is pretty much seniority at this company. The CEO micro-manages every department.

Advice to Senior ManagementVitcost has no solid foundation. It's the "little people" who make the company run. I wonder how the founder of VitaminShoppe forgot about his own humble beginnings. Has he been blinded by greed? What happened to the days of building a staff of industry employees?

Same as most reviews here. Company was promising at one time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Vitacost full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Many pros made me join the company a few years back. These included: 1. Company provided lunch on Fridays - now gone 2. Monthly birthday and… Cons: The CEO micro manages most departments based on his perceived intuition. I genuinely like the man; he is a generous person and has done… Advice to Senior Management: Re-evaluate your approach to strategic growth. The company grew from about 40 employees to over 200 in about a year. The cubicles were… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Too much drama.

Manager (Former Employee)
Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Vitacost full-time for more than a year

Pros: So small you are exposed to a lot. Cons: Didn't like childish drama by leaders. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Vitacost.

Worked for Vitacost? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vitacost reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vitacost CEO Jeffrey J. Horowitz. All reviews posted anonymously by Vitacost employees.