Vitacost
www.vitacost.com Boca Raton, FL 500 to 999 Employees

Same as most reviews here. Company was promising at one time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Vitacost full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMany pros made me join the company a few years back. These included:

1. Company provided lunch on Fridays - now gone
2. Monthly birthday and employee SPOT/recognition awards - now gone
3. Work from home option - now gone
4. Company supplied pens and notebooks - now gone; employees encouraged to pilfer pens from doctors offices, etc. so provide their own.
5. Stable and fun landscape of the company
6. Company monthly allowance for free products - $100 to $50 to zero - i.e. now gone
7. Sporadic 'fun' activities like cakes, treats, free products - now gone as well

ConsThe CEO micro manages most departments based on his perceived intuition. I genuinely like the man; he is a generous person and has done great things, but his approach has rubbed me and other employees the wrong way over the past year. He complains a lot about people behind their back while talking sweetly to their face. Very vocal man; not strategic or appropriate.

Many of the original perks are gone, if not all. The company has been watching their purse strings through 2 CFOs, 4 or 5 CIOs and countless managers. The company has a noticeable 'sadness' among employees with a very apparent negative morale. I left on my own after realizing that eventually, my career would be a dead end there. There was constant reminders of saving money and not providing the same old fun type things of yesteryear.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate your approach to strategic growth. The company grew from about 40 employees to over 200 in about a year. The cubicles were taken down and there was an obvious tone of negativity among many areas of the company. You're growing too fast and have lost a lot of good talent; some by their own decision and some by your own poor choice of layoffs/firings.

Too much drama.

Manager (Former Employee)
Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Vitacost full-time for more than a year

Pros: So small you are exposed to a lot. Cons: Didn't like childish drama by leaders. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Promotions, Commotions, and Incestious Hirings

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Vitacost full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Each employee gets a chair and two monitors to work on - A filtered water system for employees - Company recycles paper from wasted print jobs… Cons: I haven't been able to tell you everything you really… Advice to Senior Management: Enjoy your base salaries of $250K plus and your annual bonuses of 50% of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Vitacost.

Worked for Vitacost? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vitacost reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vitacost CEO Jeffrey J. Horowitz. All reviews posted anonymously by Vitacost employees.