There are newer employer reviews for Vitacost

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Vitacost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leader in it's class. Innovative, fun, high speed atmosphere. Ability to be seen if you are hard working...you won't last here if your not. Never a dull moment. Will learn more here than you will at any large corporation. This company has the ability to be great. Leadership includes pioneers from Vitamin shop, Amazon,Rosetta Stone and Gilt Group... Who know where they want to steer the organization.-- and are slowly getting there.

Cons

Company had previously been staffed by uneducated persons, who felt far more valuable than they were. As the company continues to grow, more experienced, educated leadership was brought in, causing a raised bar, and unfortunately layoffs of the prior regime. this has caused some poor morale. There is some internal conflict between the older and newer associates. Due to the open floor plan, you witness a lot, many times more than you should.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the big picture--

Other Employee Reviews for Vitacost

Going elsewhere like so many others

Current Employee - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pleasant co worker are abundant as well as mostly intelligent people. Sunny state, nice area and plenty of walking sidewalks around the complex as I walk a lot. I also use the workout and showers periodically at night.

Cons

The outlook of the company concerns me dearly. I am an old timer (6 years) and we are not turning a profit still. We are cutting back a lot and even the CEO has dumped millions of his own money to help us stay afloat. I genuinely like the company and people, but we can't seem to turn a profit. for whatever reason. I am afraid it will be a mass lay off so I am currently looking elsewhere. I have nothing 'bad' to say about the company except that the aura is negative and many people do indeed gossip and partake in immature activities like many reviews here state. Personally, I am over that, just looking for a stable and growing company to join so I can enjoy the last 3rd or so of my career. I have seen a CIO, VP, COO and 4 management members leave over the past 8 or 9 months (many by their own doing and many others through 'layoffs' and this has me concerned).

Advice to Management

Get some help to steer the organization to a stable financial state. The current ways don't seem to be working and many employees are creating a negative workplace. Give some sort of incentive like SPOT awards on a monthly basis; this was done over the years, but stopped last summer.

Quit today - they stole 2 years of my life

Pros

Nice people and genuine friends that I made there. Many people in marketing are of good nature and enjoy their work. Bathrooms and a gym. Desk, chair and water. Close to my boyfriend's home in Boynton Beach.

Cons

Crazy executives (CEO, CMO, CIO) who think they're all that and spew positive daisies all day. I left today because of an argument with my boss. She wanted me to update something no matter how long I had to stay tonight. I needed to leave to pick up my daughter and she refused to allow that. She mentioned to me that I didn't know what I was doing and that I would regret it. I walked out after being harassed by horrible manager and people who wanted work on the weekends. Give me a break. I have a life and refuse this nonsense.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews here. The company is a horrible experience and causes people grief. The positive reviews are from obvious high paid execs who know nothing about earning a low paycheck and being harrased. A joke at best at Vitacost.