Quit today - they stole 2 years of my life

I worked at Vitacost

Pros

Nice people and genuine friends that I made there. Many people in marketing are of good nature and enjoy their work. Bathrooms and a gym. Desk, chair and water. Close to my boyfriend's home in Boynton Beach.

Cons

Crazy executives (CEO, CMO, CIO) who think they're all that and spew positive daisies all day. I left today because of an argument with my boss. She wanted me to update something no matter how long I had to stay tonight. I needed to leave to pick up my daughter and she refused to allow that. She mentioned to me that I didn't know what I was doing and that I would regret it. I walked out after being harassed by horrible manager and people who wanted work on the weekends. Give me a break. I have a life and refuse this nonsense.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews here. The company is a horrible experience and causes people grief. The positive reviews are from obvious high paid execs who know nothing about earning a low paycheck and being harrased. A joke at best at Vitacost.

reviews filtered by

Great job for an 18 year old who lives with their parents, low pay, gossip and crappy hours

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carolina, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carolina, NC

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ice pellet machine, and nice landscaping.

Cons

No growth opportunity, a lot of inter-office secret relationships and dramatics of the high school kind, no training, CEO getting insane pay increases and I couldn't even get a 20 cent raise after 3 years...they took the discounts away, they took the free monthly $25 in supplements away, insurance got worse and the price got higher, can't keep anyone in HR or any executive position for that matter, for any decent amount of time. From 2009-2013 it has become a different company in the worst of ways, the excellent reviews are fake as well, I know how this company operates...

Advice to Management

No thanks.

Pompous Leadership

I worked at Vitacost

Pros

Nice building with luxurious gym and nice offices. Cubicles are great and non stop office supplies.

Cons

Leadership is horrible there is no direction for workers. All managers of IT are strange and pompous to others. Just because we don't know computers they treat us like bad people and stupids.

Advice to Management

Bring back free health insurance, monthly rewards and anniversary celebrations. Company is suffering through bad times and CEO just has raise to $400K. It is in news.