There are newer employer reviews for Vitacost

Great job for an 18 year old who lives with their parents, low pay, gossip and crappy hours

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carolina, NC
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carolina, NC

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ice pellet machine, and nice landscaping.

Cons

No growth opportunity, a lot of inter-office secret relationships and dramatics of the high school kind, no training, CEO getting insane pay increases and I couldn't even get a 20 cent raise after 3 years...they took the discounts away, they took the free monthly $25 in supplements away, insurance got worse and the price got higher, can't keep anyone in HR or any executive position for that matter, for any decent amount of time. From 2009-2013 it has become a different company in the worst of ways, the excellent reviews are fake as well, I know how this company operates...

Advice to Management

No thanks.

Other Employee Reviews for Vitacost

Pompous Leadership

Pros

Nice building with luxurious gym and nice offices. Cubicles are great and non stop office supplies.

Cons

Leadership is horrible there is no direction for workers. All managers of IT are strange and pompous to others. Just because we don't know computers they treat us like bad people and stupids.

Advice to Management

Bring back free health insurance, monthly rewards and anniversary celebrations. Company is suffering through bad times and CEO just has raise to $400K. It is in news.

2. Opportunity Abound and a Happy Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at Vitacost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for several large corporations in my career and this is the first time working for a "smaller" company. Vitacost has a LOT of opportunity and as support functions and management find new and better ways of doing things and getting products to market faster - they don't sit in ivory towers making decisions with no input. They rally the teams and get a round table approach to problems and find REAL solutions. As for the previous comments about "no more employee lunches" and "no free goods" - well you obviously don't know what is important in a work environment. The measure of a successful company, is its ability to grow and evolve. When you stay stagnant and rest on your laurels of the "yesteryear" you fail. The CEO (as every CEO does) expects results. If you are expecting less from any management team, perhaps you should find another field. However, different from the other companies I have worked at, the CEO here sits with his people, is interested in their personal lives, their education on the industry. As for the comment about excel skills and no industry experience - the measure of a truly successful merchant is being able to learn the widget, analyze the information about its performance, negotiate better metrics and EXECUTE. I have worked as a buyer in half a dozen vastly different industries and never failed at getting them to grow. Its the measure of your ability to manage a business, not necessarily know every detail of one particular product category before entering into it. The morale is the BEST I have ever experienced. I genuinely am excited (as are most other emplyees here) and happy about coming into work everyday and feel motivated and encouraged to continue to grow. Feedback is given and performance measured but its an environment where I feel I can make a mistake and not be made to feel that I am not valued because of it. Its definitely one of the best companies I have worked for and am excited about growing as the company grows!

Cons

Regret I didn't come here sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work and the company will continue the healthy upward growth towards greatness!