Very much well rounded

Former Employee - Office Assistant/Warehouse Associate in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Office Assistant/Warehouse Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Vitacost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To have been able to do try something different

Cons

Not being able to leave at a decent time

Advice to Management

To communicate with the associates better

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This was a dissapointing experience

I have been working at Vitacost full-time

Pros

The product line and philosophy of health and wellness is something I whole heartedly believe in and practice. This is the reason I chose to accept the offer of employment. There are many friendly, smart and helpful people in the company. The dress code is casual as you want and there are some unexpected free foods/snacks/products periodically; but not often.

Cons

This is hard but I will be pointed and straightforward. I am a person who rarely complains, whines, etc., so I won't; I will simply point out my honest cons.

My manager was suddenly let go this year. He was a good manager like most and the reason given was that his position was being eliminated. How true it was; I can't really say as I wish to remain anonymous. There are clicks and social groups here that seem to push people out of the company. Yes, they exist in all companies, but this is pervasive and negative talk/backstabbing comes from leadership all the way down, so that should tell you something about the genuiness of the people.

The company has seemed to have a negative outlook on certain groups. "It's marketing", or "It's IT's issue". This sort of blame game does nothing to resolve issues and creates an internal environment that makes people truly want to leave and not want to come in. The behind the scenes meetings of my group blames this or that group, we do little to resolve and then we leave the conference room without resolution. Not a very productive work environment. I could do a better job at mediating, but I am afraid to say anything in fear of revenge or firing.

The CEO is an old veteran of the business and is effective AT TIMES. A lot of the time, he walks around and is sarcastic when referring to other individuals or peers. He even talks bad about people I work with. Why? This is not professional and does little to HELP which is what he should try to be doing. This is a public company and should conduct itself in this manner.

Firings, quits, attrition, whatever we choose to call it has been rampant during 2013. I am not sure why and am quiet, do my job and hope I am not the next person called into a surprise meeting in the AM or PM to let me know that "your job has been "eliminated" only to find that I've been replaced with a less expensive and younger version of me.

I hope I've been candid and you can see there are issues.

Advice to Management

Be fair and square to everybody no matter what their title is. Stop the negatvie talk, degrading and sarcasm within the company. Get advice on how to turn a profit so resolve our issues.

Expect the Unexpected

Former Employee - Customer Service/Order Entry in Lexington, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Order Entry in Lexington, NC

I worked at Vitacost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Co-workers , Friendly environment on the Employee Level

Cons

Hired for Customer Service trained for Order Entry was released after 90days. No performance issues. Beware for the pilot programs that get squashed and you go with it.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE ! Hire and Train employees as to what
    you advertise you are looking for instead of using them for test that fail.