Awesome products, many good people, culture is kind of routine/normal a little boring, but good for family types.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Minnetonka, MN
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Vital Images full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing medical imaging software, some of the very best in the world
Feel good about helping sick people
Some very bright people write software there

Cons

Located in the western burbs so is a long commute for some
Not a lot of room to grow once you hit a certain point - the most interesting work is taken by people who have been there a while.
The mgmt showed a real cutthroat side, and lack of imagination, in 2008 by laying off 40% of the workforce

Liven up the culture, encourage more innovation by your employees and you'll be surprised by what they can do

Other Reviews for Vital Images

Incredible Opportunity to change the face of healthcare - stifled by conservative management team.

Former Employee - Senior Engineering  in  Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Engineering in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Vital Images full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The technology stack, customer base and the engineering and sales teams. All of which are absolutely top tier (other than the Engineering leadership)

Cons

The culture and the management team. The profound lack of "getting it" about the asset they have in the engineering team countered by the astounding liabilities they have at the executive levels.

Take a risk on something. Anything. You may actually learn something that you don't "already know".

Amazing software. Genius coworkers.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Lead
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Lead

I worked at Vital Images full-time for more than a year

Pros

Of all my gigs in my life, this software to me (Vitrea) was the most amazing. I truely was wowed by the potential.

Cons

I had a very deceitful bad manager. I was pressured into pipp'ing guys i didn't want to and after saving the company over 50k, demoted. So in the end, i left with a bitter taste. If certain specific people were removed, i would return.

None - i think the vision is great. I think what you're doing is fantastic. I was there during cuts, which always stink, but you made it past those.

There are newer employer reviews for Vital Images.

Worked for Vital Images? Contribute to the Community!