There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin Research Products

Pretty nice place to work

I have been working at Vitamin Research Products

Pros

Better than average pay, nice people

Cons

Things in a state of flux

7 Other Employee Reviews for Vitamin Research Products (View Most Recent)

They do not value employees

Former Employee - Web Designer in Cullman, AL
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Cullman, AL

I worked at Vitamin Research Products

Pros

It was great when the company was Health Resources. After the merger, however, things went rapidly downhill. They did give us plenty of time to find another job.

Cons

After merging with VRP, we had to interview to keep our current jobs and had to move to Texas if we wanted to keep our job. The increase in salary to move was not large enough.

Don't tell your employees that they are "valued" and then ask them to interview to keep their current job. Also don't give your employees the runaround about what is really going on.

Used to be good place/lost its way in recent years

I worked at Vitamin Research Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary a little higher than median/corporate lunches/Keurig maker

Cons

As a former manager with this company, I've seen a lot of people come and go. Lately, more people are going--going out the door that is. This is due to the recent acquisitions, which unfortunately have thrown this company's organizational management into chaos. Echoing my colleague, they are interviewing employees to evaluate their skill set, but often times do not understand the workload or the technical ability of these people. If you've ever seen Office Space, it's a little bit like the scene with the Bobs, but without the humor.

Worse, remaining employees are left to pick up the slack, leading to intolerable workloads and unreasonable expectations. They are often asked to take up responsibilities for which they have little expertise. For instance, a developer will be asked to assume the role of a DBA they just laid off, even though that developer may have passing knowledge of SQL and data tables. But sadly, that developer can't confide in his new bosses about his lack of DBA knowledge, because to do so might very well cost him his job.

It is these kinds of decisions that are turning people away from VRP. If you take a vested interest in your employee's success and well-being, you will thrive. If all you care about is bottom line and efficiency, best of luck.

Hire more qualified individuals and stop putting loyal employees on trial, for God's sake. Actually understand what your departments and employees do before you decide to cut positions and gibe promotions.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin Research Products