Rewarding to help others

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe full-time

Pros

Helping others, continual education in health and wellness - you never stop learning. Great benefits and this company really values your time.

Cons

There are no cons to list.

Other Employee Reviews for Vitamin Shoppe

Terrible Pay

Current Employee - Health Enthusiast
    Current Employee - Health Enthusiast

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Pretty flexible scheduling -Great co-workers (at my store anyways) -Ability to learn a lot about supplements

Cons

-Horrible pay! I'm getting payed just a few cents above minimum wage, which is absolutley ridiculous for the amount of information you are supposed to learn, and all of the various tasks you are responsible for. I had a job as a cashier making more money just standing at a cash register all day. But I basically get paid minimum wage to learn A LOT of information about the tons of supplements we carry, help customers (who ask very specific questions about supplements, because they expect you to know every single thing there is to know about supplements), answer the phone, maintain the cash register, POG/rotations, shipments, re-stocking the cooler, cleaning the bathrooms on sunday, and many other tasks. The Vitamin Shoppe is making money, I don't understand why they pay their employees so horrible. I would love this job so much if I was being paid for what I'm worth, along with all of the other health enthusiasts.

Advice to Management

You really need to pay your health enthusiasts WAY more!!! Also, you need to allow health enthusiasts to work on the VSU program at home too, because there is really never any time to work on it in the store. Either a customer needs your help, or you have to do a pog/rotation, or work the cash register. I would love to work on it at home so I can become more knowledgable faster.

District Managers to busy to know what goes on in stores

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

VSU training is great, the customers are wonderful to work with and the pay is not that bad if you have retail experience.

Cons

There is a lot that goes on in stores that District Managers have no clue about. Managers trying to get rid of customers that return things to often, raising there voices to associates, and a lot of back stabbing. I've worked in speciality retail for many years and this is the worst I've ever seen. My manager is quite frankly over the top touting that they take "80 pills a day" to customers and encouraging dangerous levels of fish oil dosages to promote weight loss.I've been told that they are the manager , and they have a boss who will correct them if they need it. The problem is their boss is never around...maybe 1 every other month and of course then it is best face forward. There is no consistency for standards among employees.

Advice to Management

It's time to invest in secret shoppers . You have great people working for you, but you have tried so desperately to fill anticipated slots due to growth the bullys are taking over