Vitamin Shoppe

www.vitaminshoppe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin Shoppe

Former Employee - Health Enthusiast in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Health Enthusiast in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Vitamin Shoppe part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy environment to work in while promoting supplemental and health knowledge, which I have kept with me every day of my life since. They have made strides in promoting more reliable supplements while removing less dependable solutions.

Cons

No strong incentive to keep employment here. Low wage and little benefits. Didn't look out for the new members.

284 Other Employee Reviews for Vitamin Shoppe (View Most Recent)

My experience with this company is pretty neutral.

Current Employee - Health Enthusiast in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Health Enthusiast in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Getting to interact and meet new people daily.

Cons

Nothing really its a decent job to work at .

Let us close earlier than 6:30 during holidays lol.

Vitamin Shoppe is not where you want to work!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager/Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager/Manager

I worked at Vitamin Shoppe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If the store is closed due to weather they still pay you for your whole shift. This was unexpected and the only company I have ever worked for that did this, really generous. Computer training on supplements is good, but they don't give enough time to do it. Easy to move up because so many people leave.

Cons

Compensation for what you have to do is low especially since you have to know an enormous amount of information to help the customers. The part time people have to know as much but don't make any more than someone working at a fast food place, crazy. So these people come and go quickly because they can't make enough to support themselves so need two jobs and then leave for a job that pays more and doesn't require the extensive knowledge base. Work life balance doesn't exist for Managers and Assistant Managers. Benefits are okay but you have to take your vacation before the end of the year and cannot take more than one week at a time even if you have earned more. End up taking time off when they want you to not when you want to. Out of 16 managers, two years later only 3 are still with the company and one had been with the company for over 8 years. People are leaving because the demands are unreasonable for the work, the pay is low, the stress is high and the support is not there. All the District Mangers focus on is the numbers so they get their bonuses. They won't pay for enough staff to have two people open the store, which is not only a safety issue but if you get busy before the next person comes in at 11a m which happens a lot then customers are unhappy because not enough staff to help them.

All you care about is sales not the customers because you don't put enough people on the floor to do the job right, and you don't care about the employees because you cut hours to improve profits but still want a huge amounts of work done.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin Shoppe