Vitamin Shoppe

www.vitaminshoppe.com
  www.vitaminshoppe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin Shoppe

Terrible hours, terrible Managers.

Current Employee - Health Enthusiast
Current Employee - Health Enthusiast

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of samples, decent discount, you meet cool reps.

Cons

Customers (at least in my area) Are painfully ignorant and rude. Don't expect customers to know anything.. they usually don't. Hours are TERRIBLE at my store. I have been with this company for 2 years and they are giving the new hires more hours than me despite my knowledge of supplements and the store. Hours are not given out fairly, you can be the best worker there and you will be given the least amount of hours. You will never get full-time hours as a Health Enthusiast, not even 29 paid hours (which falls below full-time). I have so many complaints about this company I could go on forever about my Managers and Corporate. Maybe you will get lucky and get a well managed store and a good Store Manager who is fair. It is also hard to move up in this company. Someone has to quit first...

Treat your employees equally. Practice what you preach. Set a good example. Hold yourself up to the standards you hold us. Do your job right. Don't make your employees pick up your slack. Prioritize better.

284 Other Employee Reviews for Vitamin Shoppe (View Most Recent)

Key Holder

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe

Pros

People that work there are friendly.

Cons

Pay is bad and takes too long to get raises.

The only complaint I have is:

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Vitamin Shoppe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you like the products you can have a good time with the customers.

The Vitamin Shoppe

Cons

The Corporate culture in the region in which I worked had more to do with fostering fear in it,s store managers than it did celebrating well deserved results. No, not just in my store, yes in my district.

Stop micro managing perfectly good people.

Stop creating busy work for managers that has nothing to do with creating a good team or delivering the branded promise to your customers and let your leaders do what they do best, fostering great pr and providing excellent service and products to your customers.

Learn the lesson.......treat everyone you come across during your work day as though they were a customer. My first district manager was good at this, then it was downhill all the way.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin Shoppe