There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin Shoppe

Terrible hours, terrible Managers.

Current Employee - Health Enthusiast
Current Employee - Health Enthusiast

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of samples, decent discount, you meet cool reps.

Cons

Customers (at least in my area) Are painfully ignorant and rude. Don't expect customers to know anything.. they usually don't. Hours are TERRIBLE at my store. I have been with this company for 2 years and they are giving the new hires more hours than me despite my knowledge of supplements and the store. Hours are not given out fairly, you can be the best worker there and you will be given the least amount of hours. You will never get full-time hours as a Health Enthusiast, not even 29 paid hours (which falls below full-time). I have so many complaints about this company I could go on forever about my Managers and Corporate. Maybe you will get lucky and get a well managed store and a good Store Manager who is fair. It is also hard to move up in this company. Someone has to quit first...

Advice to Management

Treat your employees equally. Practice what you preach. Set a good example. Hold yourself up to the standards you hold us. Do your job right. Don't make your employees pick up your slack. Prioritize better.

Other Employee Reviews for Vitamin Shoppe

Ok company, was going through management changes.

Former Employee - Key Holder
    Former Employee - Key Holder

I worked at Vitamin Shoppe part-time

Pros

- Coworkers were great - Policies recently changed to a much better discount

Cons

- Retail schedule, never consistent - Micromanaging - Extremely corporate - Excessive paperwork to do throughout the day - Pay was weekly, but after taxes taken into account employees should absolutely be given more.

Good company to work for, however upper management seems to do everything possible to instill BARRIERS to success.

I have been working at Vitamin Shoppe full-time

Pros

Decent pay, bonus and paid holidays, flexible schedules, able to try many different products out

Cons

Very hard to get promoted.

Advice to Management

Spend some time in the retail stores before putting tremendous tasks on a short staff