Sad to say an overall Terrible Experience

Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent
Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent

I have been working at Vitamin T

Pros

I wish I had more positive things to say, since I went in with high hopes after their sales pitch-like interview process. One thing to mention is that no matter how they spin it, Vitamin T is a Division within Aquent. Vitamin T is NOT a standalone company or even a spin. All Aquent corporate policies, rules, guidelines and paperwork are a part of Vitamin T. There are no Vitamin T offices...you work in an Aquent office. This is a positive thing, since Aquent seems more stable and filled with better people. Generally GOOD people. The same can't be said for Vitamin T.

One plus to note is that your base salary will be higher than a lot of staffing firms out there. This is because despite what you are told in the interview process, your bonuses will be next to nothing. You may never have to work late at Vitamin T, but on the times that you do, it literally has no affect on your commission. Commission-wise you'll make more with one direct hire fill at another staffing firm then you will here in 6 months and that is NOT an exaggeration.

Cons

This review is more of a TAKE CAUTION notice. If you are put on a certain "team" (based on location) within Vitamin T, your experience will be a nightmare. Easily the worst managment I've ever seen. You will receive almost zero supervision, support, coaching and even direct contact with this manager. You will be forced to learn on your own and then two months later will be told that everything you've learned on your own, is wrong. The worst part then is that you won't be told or supported in how to fix this, you'll just continue to be told that it's wrong. The turnover rate on this team alone is 50% and climbing. Take great caution...I wouldn't wish my experiences as part of this "team" on anyone.

Vitamin T has gone to great lengths to brand themselves with an "agency" feel and look. But that is exactly what it is...a look. No matter what they say, Vitamin T is a division within a very large corporation (Aquent). And with that come all the normal policies and procedures that go along with working for a large corporation.

The unlimited vacation policy looks great on paper, but is worthless if you're afraid to use it. Overall, hands down the most unprofessional experience I've ever encountered in far too many ways to list here.

Advice to Management

The FTE system doesn't not work. It's great for Aquent employees that have been with the company for ten years and have long standing relationships with clients who always require freelance talent. But for the Vitamin T side it's a joke. In this economic climate, creatives DO NOT want constant freelance work. They want the stability that comes with a full time job. To not offer direct hire is a complete and utter disservice to your creative talent, clients, and employees as a commission bonus. Without direct hire, Vitamin T will continue to be run over by staffing firms that do offer it. Ask yourself as a job seeker, are you using a firm that requires you to go temp to perm or one that has a "direct hire" option?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best place I've ever worked!

Current Employee - VT Talent Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - VT Talent Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-PTO policy is the best of the best. Get your work done and you can take off whenever you need to. Clearly, this requires communication with your team, but I've never had to stress about taking time off!
    -Great, positive team of leaders! Seriously- these people are so passionate about what they do. When you work for a company that cares about the work they do and the kind of things they put out into the world, great things happen. It's easy to catch a vision for what the team is trying to accomplish and people genuinely want to help others get jobs and achieve success. They are also super hands-on. I was interviewed by the President before I started. I've never heard of any other company that does that!
    -Open communication- Obviously regional and local teams all differ, but my experience has been that my team is just that- a TEAM. We have each others backs, there's no drama and when things don't turn out the best, we work together to make it better. Any negative reviews on here about this company can probably go back to personal experiences and people handling situations differently. But by and large, people at Vitamin T LOVE their jobs... I've literally never heard another employee complain about the company itself.
    -You get to meet awesome local talent. Who doesn't love making new friends? I'm on the agent side and I've never met more people in one year! My network has grown tenfold and I feel like I'm making a difference in people's lives. What's better than that!?
    -Pay is great! Depending on what market you work in, your bonuses could be pretty high. We are primarily salaried, but getting that quarterly check is always a great reminded of why we do what we do. They don't try and lowball you here... and raises are generous depending on your work.
    -HONESTY- I also love that we dont have to be cut throat to make a living in recruiting. The company is looking out for the talent and the clients at all times. Business is business, but we always try to do the right thing... no matter what. I've never felt that the company has cut corners in order to make money.
    -Continuous learning is valued here! VT offers almost $10k a year in continuous learning! If you want to grow personally and professionally, this is a great company to work for.

Cons

Like every job, you're going to have ups and downs. But having worked for a lot of different companies, I can tell you that VT does it the right way. They care about others, are transparent in their communications, value learning and growth and pay people what they're worth. HIGHLY recommend working with them either internally or on the talent side.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Vitamin T

Pros

Vitamin Talent connected me to the highest paying job of my career and found me countless contract opportunities. They really seem to care about connecting the right person with the job and not just filling an empty position, and they back you up if there are ever any issues.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I guess the only con would be working through a staffing agency, but I prefer it to "regular" job seeking because it gives contractors the time to see if it's a good fit with the employer and vice versa.