Sad to say an overall Terrible Experience

Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent
Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent

I have been working at Vitamin T

Pros

I wish I had more positive things to say, since I went in with high hopes after their sales pitch-like interview process. One thing to mention is that no matter how they spin it, Vitamin T is a Division within Aquent. Vitamin T is NOT a standalone company or even a spin. All Aquent corporate policies, rules, guidelines and paperwork are a part of Vitamin T. There are no Vitamin T offices...you work in an Aquent office. This is a positive thing, since Aquent seems more stable and filled with better people. Generally GOOD people. The same can't be said for Vitamin T. One plus to note is that your base salary will be higher than a lot of staffing firms out there. This is because despite what you are told in the interview process, your bonuses will be next to nothing. You may never have to work late at Vitamin T, but on the times that you do, it literally has no affect on your commission. Commission-wise you'll make more with one direct hire fill at another staffing firm then you will here in 6 months and that is NOT an exaggeration.

Cons

This review is more of a TAKE CAUTION notice. If you are put on a certain "team" (based on location) within Vitamin T, your experience will be a nightmare. Easily the worst managment I've ever seen. You will receive almost zero supervision, support, coaching and even direct contact with this manager. You will be forced to learn on your own and then two months later will be told that everything you've learned on your own, is wrong. The worst part then is that you won't be told or supported in how to fix this, you'll just continue to be told that it's wrong. The turnover rate on this team alone is 50% and climbing. Take great caution...I wouldn't wish my experiences as part of this "team" on anyone. Vitamin T has gone to great lengths to brand themselves with an "agency" feel and look. But that is exactly what it is...a look. No matter what they say, Vitamin T is a division within a very large corporation (Aquent). And with that come all the normal policies and procedures that go along with working for a large corporation. The unlimited vacation policy looks great on paper, but is worthless if you're afraid to use it. Overall, hands down the most unprofessional experience I've ever encountered in far too many ways to list here.

Advice to Management

The FTE system doesn't not work. It's great for Aquent employees that have been with the company for ten years and have long standing relationships with clients who always require freelance talent. But for the Vitamin T side it's a joke. In this economic climate, creatives DO NOT want constant freelance work. They want the stability that comes with a full time job. To not offer direct hire is a complete and utter disservice to your creative talent, clients, and employees as a commission bonus. Without direct hire, Vitamin T will continue to be run over by staffing firms that do offer it. Ask yourself as a job seeker, are you using a firm that requires you to go temp to perm or one that has a "direct hire" option?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I Love Being A Vitamin!

Current Contractor - Digital Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - Digital Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Vitamin T as a contractor

Pros

Searching for jobs can be frustrating and tedious. And working with a staffing agency isn’t always as easy as it sounds. I’ve known some recruiters to be unresponsive or just after the money. This is absolutely NOT the case with Vitamin T (Dallas). Everyone on the team there has always been very helpful. They really do their best to accurately profile your interest and skills to create the perfect match (for both you AND the company). From reviewing my resume, doing interview prep sessions, and always keeping me in the loop through every step of the interview process. It really takes out a lot of the stress and worry that I normally associate with the “job hunt”. Working with Vitamin T has allowed me to pursue many different types of companies in many different types of fields. I know the next time I start my job search, I will go straight back to Vitamin T to help place me in the perfect job at the perfect company.

Cons

No Fringe Benefits (kind of) As a temporary employee, you don't receive the type of benefits that you could receive as a full-time permanent employee. like paid vacation, sick leave and stock options. But Vitamin T does offer their recruits full health benefits and access to a (quite amazing) 401k program. So, that really is amazing on their part. Plus you do get paid time and a half for working overtime!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. And keep hiring those awesome recruiters :) I love everyone that works there!!

Vitamin T Response

Jul 27, 2015 – President

YAY! I'm the president of Vitamin T (Susie Hall), and I love reading this! Our Dallas team is really amazing, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! If we can do anything more ... More

Director, Business Development

Current Employee - Director, Business Development in Astoria, NY
    Current Employee - Director, Business Development in Astoria, NY

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team-oriented environment, fantastic ability to assert your sales and leadership skills, extremely helpful and caring upper management, great training and ramp up time. Work Hard Play Hard environment Over all push via management is to grow which benefits each team member Values work-life balance

Cons

Like any Staffing Agency there are daily highs and lows but there is always an immense amount of team support!

Vitamin T Response

Jul 27, 2015 – President

Thanks a ton for sharing this! I know every day will not be perfect, but I am thrilled to see how supported you feel here :) After 16 years here at Aquent | Vitamin T, I still feel the very same way ... More