Vitamin T

www.vitamintalent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin T

Poor Overall experience

I have been working at Vitamin T

Pros

The negative review that was posted a few weeks ago, could not have said it better. The only plus I can think of is that you will get to leave at 5 every day. As you'll leave, there's a good chance you'll be miserable.

Cons

As has been stated on here before, you're on your own. And with the wrong manager (and that term is used as loosely as possible since there's no actual managing being done) you will be miserable on a day to day basis.

Review what your "regional managers" are actually doing and how much contact they have really have with the people the "supervise". So of the decisions they are making, for example promoting people with little to no experience, are downright idiotic.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Vitamin T (View Most Recent)

Sad to say an overall Terrible Experience

Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Agent

I have been working at Vitamin T

Pros

I wish I had more positive things to say, since I went in with high hopes after their sales pitch-like interview process. One thing to mention is that no matter how they spin it, Vitamin T is a Division within Aquent. Vitamin T is NOT a standalone company or even a spin. All Aquent corporate policies, rules, guidelines and paperwork are a part of Vitamin T. There are no Vitamin T offices...you work in an Aquent office. This is a positive thing, since Aquent seems more stable and filled with better people. Generally GOOD people. The same can't be said for Vitamin T.

One plus to note is that your base salary will be higher than a lot of staffing firms out there. This is because despite what you are told in the interview process, your bonuses will be next to nothing. You may never have to work late at Vitamin T, but on the times that you do, it literally has no affect on your commission. Commission-wise you'll make more with one direct hire fill at another staffing firm then you will here in 6 months and that is NOT an exaggeration.

Cons

This review is more of a TAKE CAUTION notice. If you are put on a certain "team" (based on location) within Vitamin T, your experience will be a nightmare. Easily the worst managment I've ever seen. You will receive almost zero supervision, support, coaching and even direct contact with this manager. You will be forced to learn on your own and then two months later will be told that everything you've learned on your own, is wrong. The worst part then is that you won't be told or supported in how to fix this, you'll just continue to be told that it's wrong. The turnover rate on this team alone is 50% and climbing. Take great caution...I wouldn't wish my experiences as part of this "team" on anyone.

Vitamin T has gone to great lengths to brand themselves with an "agency" feel and look. But that is exactly what it is...a look. No matter what they say, Vitamin T is a division within a very large corporation (Aquent). And with that come all the normal policies and procedures that go along with working for a large corporation.

The unlimited vacation policy looks great on paper, but is worthless if you're afraid to use it. Overall, hands down the most unprofessional experience I've ever encountered in far too many ways to list here.

The FTE system doesn't not work. It's great for Aquent employees that have been with the company for ten years and have long standing relationships with clients who always require freelance talent. But for the Vitamin T side it's a joke. In this economic climate, creatives DO NOT want constant freelance work. They want the stability that comes with a full time job. To not offer direct hire is a complete and utter disservice to your creative talent, clients, and employees as a commission bonus. Without direct hire, Vitamin T will continue to be run over by staffing firms that do offer it. Ask yourself as a job seeker, are you using a firm that requires you to go temp to perm or one that has a "direct hire" option?

Happy for a long, long time...

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the Aquent organization for most of my adult work life. This organization has afforded me growth and learning experiences that I don't believe I would have ever received anywhere else. There are SO many tenured employees here - way more than in any other staffing organization I've ever come across. That should speak volumes for the opportunities that exist. If you're successful, you can create your own path. I've seen it happen time and time again (and I've lived it). This is definitely an environment with a solid work life balance. You have to work hard, but there's a lot of respect for a person's outside life.

Cons

I'm pretty happy to say that I don't have really any cons to discuss - if I did, I wouldn't have lasted as long as I have at this organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin T