Vitamin World

www.vitaminworld.com
  www.vitaminworld.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin World

No room for advancement and the pay is low but the benefits are good and scheduling is flexible.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Bowling Green, KY
Current Employee - Store Manager in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Vitamin World

Pros

Benefits are good, very flexible with scheduling, good discount

Cons

No room for advancement, upper management are incompetent and are not very supportive of team efforts, pay is partially commission based on brand sales.

Be more positive and supportive of store teams. Listen to them with an open mind as they are the one's on the sales floor on a day to day basis.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Vitamin World (View Most Recent)

love/hate

Former Employee - Store Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Vitamin World

Pros

great benefits, education in the vitamin health field. terrific customers, love to help customer improve ther health

Cons

hours, changing of duties and job expectations constantly. doing triple the amount of work to get to same result. pay to low to hire any quality employees

you can't run a great business with very unhappy employees. change your focus to the original reason people take vitamins and the profit will be there.

Not Bad

Former Employee - Store Manager in Mineola, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Mineola, NY

I worked at Vitamin World

Pros

The pay was decent for my experience at the time, 35K plus monthly bonus depending on your stores performance. You don't need a college degree or previous store management experience, but I was previously an assistant manager for 2-3 years. You're selling vitamins and supplements which do legitimately help some people. Benefits were average and included medical, dental, vision, and 401K.

Cons

The work/life ratio is horrible in any retail management position. Constantly having to cover for your store or others working well over your 40 hours a week. "Iron man" shifts are normal. Depending on location, management is incompetent. If you have a solid staff around you, it's not that bad but one bad apple usually spoils the bunch as in my case.

My advice would be to hire people based and their quality and not rush just to get a position filled. They definitely need to watch over their district managers closely. The DM's have too much power and upper management seems to put too much trust in them.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitamin World