There are newer employer reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Continuous Care Nurse in Independence, MO
Former Employee - Continuous Care Nurse in Independence, MO

I worked at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly Staff, Flexibility, Benefits, Patients,

Cons

Work is on call, usually fairy steady.

Be honest, let them know what you exspect.

reviews filtered by

This company no longer reflects the vision of its founders, Hugh and Esther

Current Employee - Staff RN in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loads of PTO and, if you are on the right team, lots of mutual support. If you are passionate about hospice, it a most rewarding career.

Cons

Current staffing levels, favoritism and inequitable PTO scheduling make it difficult to use PTO. VITAS values as originally conceived are lofty; sadly the unspoken value, which takes precedence over the spoken 4 is this: Shareholder interests and upper management egos come first, not patients and families. Don't apply here if you are looking for work/family balance. Your personal time does not matter to this company. You must take into consideration that your hourly wage does not accurately reflect compensation if you are salaried and working 50 (or more) hours each week.

*Think outside the box, trash Vx and look for something simpler and user friendly -- in the words of a famous country singer "you got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em." It's time to fold Vx, Vx1.7, CPI, etc. etc. etc.
    *Take a look at the cost of employee turnover and consider the possibility that minimizing staff dissatisfaction and resulting turnover might boost the bottom line more effectively than nickel and diming employees and demanding more than is humanly possible.
    *Consider getting employees at all levels involved in the decision making process -- studies show that employee involvement in organizational decisions is a boon to employee satisfaction.
    *Listen, I mean really listen, to employee's complaints. When you hear the same thing over and over, you are well advised to find the wisdom in the whining.
    *Mr. O'Toole, may I suggest an caper like "Undercover Boss." I suggest that an anonymous walk (even for just one day) in the shoes of each member of the interdisciplinary team (the VITAS' front lines) would be more enlightening than 1,000 staff meetings, 5,000 MBAs, and 10,000 computer-generated reports.

The Best Company I have Worked For!

Current Employee - Crisis Care Licensed Practical Nurse in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Crisis Care Licensed Practical Nurse in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

Pros

Great Team Work, from the office support to our primary care nurses to our awesome CC team manager! I am very fortunate to work with the best for over 7 years. Their dedication and love for what they do for our hospice patients and families abounds!!!!

Cons

The company needs to recognize per diem workers as equally as part time and full time workers, especially when their per diem worker 40 plus hours with as much loyalty and dedication as everyone else. Just saying.......

Recognize the good work and honor your loyal, dedicated per diem workers too. You honor your volunteers, so why not your per diem HHAs and nurses?

There are newer employer reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care