There are newer employer reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

Hostile work environment for field staff.

I worked at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Patients and families need help and many extremely thankful.

Cons

Management is untrustworthy and dysfunction. They use the blame game without gathering the facts. Its is profits over patients and field staff. Management in Jacksonville horrible. Also major concerns with working for a company that has a 35 million dollar medicare fraud charge against it. They very often recruit patients who are not hospice qualified.

This company will not be successful with current management. The only way you attempt to keep census up is by having a territory so large it wears field staff out and you take people who do not qualify with 6 months or less to live. Follow the rules and treat staff fair!!!!!!!! .

119 Other Employee Reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care (View Most Recent)

disappointing

I worked at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time

Pros

great training program for RN hospice nurse

Cons

not too interested in retention

be more realistic in work load goals, specially for RNs new to home health hospice field, be more centered on development and enrichment rather than punitive.

I would never advise a friend to work here!

Former Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not very many that I wouldn't consider a requisite of employment

Cons

First, nursing assignments are done by the good ole boy method. Any time I had an easy assignment it was pulled and given to someone else on the 2nd day. Therefore, frequent last minute assignment changes. Pay........A JOKE! When you are hired as a FULL TIME EMPLOYEE you think that means 40 hours. At this company 40 hours a week occurs somewhere between 50-75% of the time with the explanation of "this is hospice." Then I'd suggest saying we frequently have less than 40 hours per week.

I can't tell them anything I'm sure they think they already know. I can't wait for the Affordable Care Act to kick in. I have never seen such a bunch of top heavy, do nothing people. There are patients on this company's role than hardly fit the broadest definition of a hospice patient and I'm sure hospice companies bill the government a remarkable amount to insure payment to the upper echelon.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care