Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

www.vitas.com
  www.vitas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

Vitas is a Great Company!

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time

Pros

The experience of Hospice Work has broadened my nursing career as well as the influence it has on my everyday living.

Cons

Although the company is a reputable company and the largest in hospice care. The Office management is not supportive with constant changeover and no regard for the field staff and all they do. The office staff is worried about numbers and bonuses.The Motto for the company is Patients and Families first,which the field staff is always doing the next Motto is We Take Care Of Each Other well the field staff takes care of each other with no support from the office! Also we have worked with no Raises for the last 2 years.

Start spending more time on support for the field staff before you lose some good workers and look at all they do also maybe spend one day in our shoes.

130 Other Employee Reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care (View Most Recent)

If you like working in a mess of unbridled neurosis then this place is for you!

Former Employee - Site Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice view of the bay

Cons

I was only at corporate HQ as a vendor on premise for a little over 3 months, and it was a very toxic atmosphere to be around. I was fired under the pretense "not a good fit" the most non-excuse there can be. It was due to not yielding to the silly politics of backstabbing, temper tantrums, and crying by subordinates that happened on an almost daily basis in an attempt to manipulate situations to their advantage. So yes I suppose I did not "fit in" in that sense.

Almost all department heads and supervisors are untrusting and hold petty grudges with each other so things that require more than one departments involvement through cooperation is almost out of the question. The facilities department is run by duplicitous managers who say one thing while doing another behind your back. Emails are expected to be answered within 15 minutes of receiving them even though you may be doing something on another floor or at lunch and in the end they're used to play gotcha games with you day or weeks down the line with no rhyme or reason.

Places like these should be avoided like a plague. You'll only hurt your health, and in the long run the folks who make them toxic have karma catch up with them.

Don't assume that someone whose been in the same position over a decade is doing a good job. They've just gotten good at hiding things from C-Suite.

Great work environment

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Miami, FL

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company is very supportive of scheduling needs and education with tuition reimbursement provided. Supervisors friendly and supportive of employees and their needs.

Cons

Opportunities for growth limited within the company. Limited availability of LPN to RN transitions available for nurses within the company.

Provide more opportunities for growth of employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care