Does not follow motto of Patients and Families first!

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When clinical staff is able to deliver services as outlined in all the brochures- it is great for patients and families- the best in fact.

Cons

Employees are disposable to upper management and treated poorly. It is clearly evident that the bottom line is what matters most. When marketing staff is doing well, staff is ignored. When goals are not being met, staff is hounded daily- it is a highly demotivating environment.

Treat program staff as intelligent and important pieces of the puzzle, as we are the face of the company.

Other Reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

Vitas is a Great Company!

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time

Pros

The experience of Hospice Work has broadened my nursing career as well as the influence it has on my everyday living.

Cons

Although the company is a reputable company and the largest in hospice care. The Office management is not supportive with constant changeover and no regard for the field staff and all they do. The office staff is worried about numbers and bonuses.The Motto for the company is Patients and Families first,which the field staff is always doing the next Motto is We Take Care Of Each Other well the field staff takes care of each other with no support from the office! Also we have worked with no Raises for the last 2 years.

Start spending more time on support for the field staff before you lose some good workers and look at all they do also maybe spend one day in our shoes.

Great work environment

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Miami, FL

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is very supportive of scheduling needs and education with tuition reimbursement provided. Supervisors friendly and supportive of employees and their needs.

Cons

Opportunities for growth limited within the company. Limited availability of LPN to RN transitions available for nurses within the company.

Provide more opportunities for growth of employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care.

Worked for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care? Contribute to the Community!