Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

www.vitas.com
  www.vitas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

A very good company to work.

Current Employee - CNA in Maitland, FL
Current Employee - CNA in Maitland, FL

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, self supervision cultivated from the company's culture coupled with excellent teamwork.

Cons

Painful effect of loosing a very close client which is the business of hospice anyway.

Encourage entry level in sales. Especially people who have the best interest of the company at heart who have taken time and money to go to school for upward mobility but have their hope dashed thereafter.

130 Other Employee Reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care (View Most Recent)

Potential Employees Beware

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

An abundance amount of time off, however you have to pull nails and teeth just to use your time. Comardarie among staff, but they trying to stop that too.

Cons

The PAY is extremely low for the industry and work performed. You're going need 2 or 3 jobs to pay your bills. The associates in the Lombard call center are under payed, over worked, and haven't had raises in over 3 years. But yet the company is constantly bringing in revenue. Oh, there being investigated by the DOJ for Medicare fraud!!

LOMBARD SO-CALLED MAMAGEMENT NEEDS TO CHANGED!!! Stop micromanaging. The.job thats veing performed its for patients comfort, stop treating it like, a sweat shop!!!

Poor pay, no benefits, decent shifts only to favorites, chronic disrespect of employees

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Maitland, FL

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job assignments to ONE patient, allowing older nurses to cope easier with the workload. They're paychecks always cleared, small as they were.

Cons

Scheduling of Per Diem employees is awful, very few shifts given. You will NEVER get a raise. You will NEVER get Health Insurance. In mandatory quarterly meetings employees are routinely insulted and treated disrespectfully. I was three times accused of neglect and verbal abuse when I was later proven to have done the the work in question ( The bandage was there, dated, and charted in the Nurses notes, and again when accused of saying something off color to the Client, it was later discovered to have been said by the Primary nurse who was also on site) Lastly I was openly called "stupid" in a quarterly meeting for asking a question about Time charting. ( I've never been called stupid even when I was in the Construction business in my younger days!) BEWARE, I guess there's some really inconsiderate employers out there these days, and Vitas is one of them

Have some consideration for employers needs ( hours and benefits) and the employees dignity ( don't openly insult people especially in public)

There are newer employer reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care