There are newer employer reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

A place to conform to, not to thrive in.

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant  in  Miami, FL
Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

VITAS gives a lot of time off, and does have good tuition assistance if you're looking into using that. I have built a strong relationship with my coworkers.

Cons

This is definitely an "us versus them" environment between management and non-management. The culture is to conform to the way that they are doing things, even if it sometimes means violating their own policies. There are quite a few practices that non-management gets scolded for, while supervisory and management think it's okay for them.

Lead by example. Remember that we as employees will absorb how you conduct business and treat people, and adopt that ourselves (whether good or bad).

117 Other Employee Reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care (View Most Recent)

Rewarding work, supportive staff & co-workers. do not feel valued/supported by the corporation.

Current Employee - Oncall RN  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Oncall RN in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time

Pros

Fulfilling, yet "a lot of work", work with paitents and families in a very intimate time of their life. I feel understood and supported by my in-the-trenches co-workers.

Cons

I find managers stressed and often with their hands tied by corporate policy. low salary, poor 401k and health benefits.

Money does speak appreciation and value; words of support and ears of understanding as well as a willingness to work alongside when the load is overwhelming speak volumes also.

Started greated....Grew Too big.....Ended bad

Former Employee - On Call  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - On Call in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Vitas Innovative Hospice Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good electronic medical record system
    benefits good

Cons

Too big
    No support to staff

Go back to the thinking and support that you had when you were small. Much better place to work then. Allow people to make mistakes and turn it into a learning opportunity. Stop writing people up behind their back so if you can decide on a whim to get ride of them.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care

Worked for Vitas Innovative Hospice Care? Contribute to the Community!