Vitech Systems Group

www.vitechinc.com

Great Product....Not so Great Management

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

Pros

Great Product
Great Colleges and Great technical brains across.
Not much backstabbing or bitter politics like in bonus driven industries !!!!!
Managment more liberal of late in terms of Work from home policies and work life balance

Cons

Project & People management is driven from an Reactive standpoint with no room for logic or understanding the root cause.The whole development effort estimation is based on some simpleton metrics with no thought or credit accounted for the complexity of the work.........They expect you to finish 2 tasks per day and the system does nt give any weightage about whether its a 2 minutes job or 2 days job or 2 weeks job !!!! People are forced to game the system else they will be blamed as too slow to finish the task !!!!!!

Develop a thorough metrics system with proper weightage given to all the parameters with due credit to root cause analysis and not mere number playing.

Other reviews for Vitech Systems Group

4 years and counting...

Current Employee - Solutions Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Solutions Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

The readers need to keep in mind that the majority of the reviews on this site are from former employees who either chose to leave Vitech or were let go because they did not meet performance expectations and therefore the notable amount of negative feedback is expected but also creates a negative skew. I also feel that a few of the aforementioned cons were accurate but have been addressed and resolved, perhaps after the former employee left the company.

I have been with Vitech for over 4 years and I have had a very positive experience. For example, I wanted to change areas of the company completely and went to the CEO himself and he was supportive in allowing me to pursue a completely different career within the company. Frank Vitiello trusted my work and thus trusted that I could be placed in an area that I had little to no experience in and find my way. It is difficult to impossible to find a company that would facilitate this type of career change.

In terms of the lower levels of management, I have had several managers, all of whom were not only competent as managers but also let me know on a consistent basis that I am doing good work. I have never felt uncomfortable talking to a manager about any issues that I am having related to my work hours, work content or career path. I believe the management at Vitech to be one of its most positive attributes.

Cons

When I heard about this website and the negative comments I immediately wanted to give my input in Vitech's defense. Sometimes jobs do not work out and rather than lambasting a company after you have left I think voicing your concerns while employed is a much better use of time.

Positive reinforcement is more valuable than most realize. Always take the time to communicate to your team their positive attributes.

A Pretty Good Place to Work and Getting Better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Overall Vitech is a pretty good place to work. If you're willing to work hard and take initiative there are a lot of opportunities to take on responsibility and the compensation is very competitive. And while there is validity to some of the criticism on this board, it seems like the company is taking some real steps to give more responsibility and authority to its managers. The company's products definitely appear to be technically and functionally superior to those of their competitors and it seems to be posting some phenomenal growth. On the whole the people you work with tend to be really smart and to some degree I wonder if some of the negative comments come from former employees who weren't looking to work that gard or weren't at the level of some of their co-workers. But only speaking for myself, overall a solid place to work.

Cons

The company definitely needs to keep broadening the authority of its managers as historically decision making was pretty centralized. Project Delivery models can vary too widely from project to project leading to very different customer and staff experiences for the same product implementation (although that may partly be how different each customer is).

Communicate even more with staff as to what's going on with the Company. If possible offer more educational opportunities on the company's product(s). Recognize high performers.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitech Systems Group.

Worked for Vitech Systems Group? Contribute to the Community!