Vitech Systems Group

www.vitechinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vitech Systems Group

Stay Away

I worked at Vitech Systems Group

Pros

It's a mid size IT company where you will work closely with all the top management. If you can make an impression expect a promotion.

Cons

If you are like me who is independent, speak your mind when something's not right then this place is certainly not meant for you. On the other hand if you can totally suck up the people in the management then you would do just fine. After working for some of the biggest organizations in the world I landed a job here. I took the job given the economic situation of our country. What in the world was I thinking? I just had to get away from there asap.
They have close to 50 clients in their 20 year history and 2 products which I think is pretty pathetic. That's an average of 2.5 client a year and one product for every 10 years that they have been in business. Their office locations are misleading because it's just an address with one or more people but it gives you an impression that its operations are huge.
The management expects you to work like you have no social life. The compensation package is ok. For the work you would do here you could get paid 40% - 45% more elsewhere. Promotions are based on favoritism and who you know. Merit does earn you a thank you.
resources are limited and far stretched and hence the quality of work is compromised. 50-65% of the work force are consultants who have no actual knowledge about pension or hedge funds but brought on board as a band aid solution to the projects. If clients only knew half the things of how projects are handled here I believe they would look elsewhere.

The CEO is great in some aspects but he has surrounded himself with a bunch of boons that constantly suck upto him. If you have people who agree to everything you say even when you are wrong how are you ever going to get the truth? You need somebody who is not afraid to tell you the truth. People at the lowest end of the workforce actually have more knowledge and potential than the managers who take up the nice little private offices all over the floor. Just because someone has been with you for 10 years does not necessarily mean that you have the best in the team. I personally would fire a couple of account exs and mangers if I could.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Vitech Systems Group (View Most Recent)

Vitech Systems Group - Unprofessional Experiece

I worked at Vitech Systems Group

Pros

Medium Sized Company that operates like a start up. There are some benefits to this environment since you are working closely with senior managment in the company and have visibility into the companies workings and how projects are run.

Good product and compitent product team.

Cons

As mentioned above, you can see how projects are run (in total disarray). The management team is not built on merit and ability to deliver. Every project is a mess and running a few years late or over budget.

There is not intent to improve the process or optimize the company, just hire more people and throw them on to a project, work weekends if necessary, essentially throw more people at the problem.

Reviews were conducted 3 months after they were promised. Considering the company has been hiring aggressively but has not increased pay for 3 years (strong performers got a 3% raise this year), tells me they have not really given retention and cost of living a thought.

Overall, I would say it is a horrible place to start your career and a mind-numbing place to prolong your career if you choose to make the change.

Value your employees and not just those in your circle of friends.
    Pay attention to industry standard processes in HR such as 180 degree feedback if you really wan to suceed as an organization and retain your talent.
    Improve how you do business, use your resources more intelligently. Hiring and throwing more people at the problem is not always the solution!

good place to work although need more performance related compensation

Current Employee - Java Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Java Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Vitech Systems Group

Pros

My manager is good. He is flexible and reasonable. I have no problem work hard with him.

Cons

no performance related compensation. Hard work has no rewarded. Some got very busy, some got light work load.

career path is not very clear. Need got exciting about work.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitech Systems Group