Vitech Systems Group
www.vitechinc.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Stay Away

Solutions Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Vitech Systems Group

ProsIt's a mid size IT company where you will work closely with all the top management. If you can make an impression expect a promotion.

ConsIf you are like me who is independent, speak your mind when something's not right then this place is certainly not meant for you. On the other hand if you can totally suck up the people in the management then you would do just fine. After working for some of the biggest organizations in the world I landed a job here. I took the job given the economic situation of our country. What in the world was I thinking? I just had to get away from there asap.
They have close to 50 clients in their 20 year history and 2 products which I think is pretty pathetic. That's an average of 2.5 client a year and one product for every 10 years that they have been in business. Their office locations are misleading because it's just an address with one or more people but it gives you an impression that its operations are huge.
The management expects you to work like you have no social life. The compensation package is ok. For the work you would do here you could get paid 40% - 45% more elsewhere. Promotions are based on favoritism and who you know. Merit does earn you a thank you.
resources are limited and far stretched and hence the quality of work is compromised. 50-65% of the work force are consultants who have no actual knowledge about pension or hedge funds but brought on board as a band aid solution to the projects. If clients only knew half the things of how projects are handled here I believe they would look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO is great in some aspects but he has surrounded himself with a bunch of boons that constantly suck upto him. If you have people who agree to everything you say even when you are wrong how are you ever going to get the truth? You need somebody who is not afraid to tell you the truth. People at the lowest end of the workforce actually have more knowledge and potential than the managers who take up the nice little private offices all over the floor. Just because someone has been with you for 10 years does not necessarily mean that you have the best in the team. I personally would fire a couple of account exs and mangers if I could.

Vitech Systems Group - Unprofessional Experiece

Solutions Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Vitech Systems Group

Pros: Medium Sized Company that operates like a start up. There are some benefits to this environment since you are working closely with… Cons: As mentioned above, you can see how projects are run (in total disarray). The management team is not built on merit and ability to deliver.… Advice to Senior Management: Value your employees and not just those in your circle of friends. Pay attention to industry standard processes in HR such as 180 degree feedback if… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

good place to work although need more performance related compensation

Java Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vitech Systems Group

Pros: My manager is good. He is flexible and reasonable. I… Cons: no performance related compensation. Hard work has no rewarded. Some… Advice to Senior Management: career path is not very clear. Need got exciting about… More

There are newer reviews on Vitech Systems Group.

Worked for Vitech Systems Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vitech Systems Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vitech Systems Group CEO Frank Vitiello. All reviews posted anonymously by Vitech Systems Group employees.