Vitera Healthcare Solutions

www.viterahealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vitera Healthcare Solutions

Watch for tomorrow's reviews - out sourced all Field Service ... Nice move at Christmas (oh, end of year, sorry)

Former Employee - Product Manager in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Product Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not many if you're over 50 yrs old. The company continues to gain revenue due to human resource shedding with a fabric thin "we don't fire 'over-age' message" to employees that need a severance package. I understand the long range view of fundamentally changing one business model for another. Just wished you didn't try to blow so much smoke under everyone's skirt - your employees are well aware of and sick of it. The older employees actually should be glad you changed the company name since The Medical Manager used to be mean actual value to a client.

Cons

Management continues to delight employees with 'their' excitement during All Hands Meetings and yes, even, with the meeting to tell fired employees they're on the way out of the building - (yes, complete with Tampa Bay Police officers..). Keep them close guys! (You probably don't need them but they'll make the trip to your executive vehicles in the parking garage interesting for awhile)

None, this is a well worn path for Vista Equity Partners. Those of us that could foresee your next moves only needed the date. Makes a conservative business type person like myself squirm that I understand the long range plan - I just don't like the implementation on a personal level nor should you ...

113 Other Employee Reviews for Vitera Healthcare Solutions (View Most Recent)

New hire with some time behind me

Current Employee - Customer Support Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Support Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started over the spring with Vitera and at the time found the job to be ok. I was looking for a step up from my previous job in terms of salary and benefits as my wife and I want to start a family. The salary and health benefits were a little better than what I had before. The location is convenient for me and for the most part, my coworkers are reasonably nice.

Cons

This is most definitely a dead-end job. There are no advancement opportunities even if you work really hard and do a good job. Management positions or team leader positions seem to be filled based on who sucks up to management the most which isn't my style. No one has gotten a review or raise. The company just put out the new benefits package for 2013 and it's a MAJOR step down from where I just came from. It's some new high deductible insurance plan with an out-of-pocket of $9,000 PER YEAR for a family. No that isn't a typo. The deductible alone is $3,000 before anything is covered. So, if we have a baby sometime this next year, the first $3,000 won't be covered AT ALL and then the insurance plan only pays out 80%. I also didn't notice during orientation that the 401K program is really weird. For example, they don't provide ANY employer match except ONCE PER YEAR and ONLY if you are working for the company on the 31st of December. So, if you work the whole year and get laid off or quit before December 31st, you get NOTHING from the employer. Also, by only paying out the employer match one a year, you get NO BENEFIT from having those funds invested for a whole year. Like I said, this is a dead end job. As soon as the Christmas holiday is over, I'm going to be looking for other work with a company that actually cares for its employees.

You guys should be working on a political campaign with all the spin you generate. I just got a letter in the mail about how you were excited about changing the 401K plan administrator. Really? You're EXCITED about telling us about a change in plan administrator? Stop the spin meetings, they are insulting our intelligence which you should know is pretty high since you required us all to take an intelligence test before you'd hire us. I don't think management has any clue about how to run a successful company. Didn't you learn anything from the results of your employee survey where you got extremely low marks? This could be a really great company but you seem to be trying very hard to run it into the ground.

New Hire, So Far So Good!

Current Employee - Trainer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Trainer in Tampa, FL

Pros

I like the detailed training provided, benefits are great. People are friendly, management seems very perceptive and open to new ideas. The office is beautiful! There are a lot of changes going on within the company, I'm excited to be a part of developing a new virtual training program.

Cons

First day was a little hectic, I started before orientation actually began, but overall I am enjoying my experience.

Keep doing what you're doing! Restructuring is always difficult, but I like the direction the company appears to be going in.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitera Healthcare Solutions