It's a good company to work for,

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office (good location and workspace), mostly friendly employees, collaborative atmosphere, challenging

I'm one of those "new hire" (semi) "recent grads" with "no experience" but I can honestly say that I do better and more work than most the "experienced" folks, and that's why there are so many people complaining. Yes, there is some level of apprehension in worrying whether or not you'll have your job next quarter, but the people who are worried about that aren't working hard enough IMO. If you're're not doing as good of a job as others, you'll be let go. I've seen new and old employees get "repositioned".

Yes, the work is difficult, but if you honestly work hard at it, you succeed easily. My job is one of the ones that require more than 40 hours a week, but it's untrue to say that it's not possible (or even easy) to balance work and life. The company does have occasional corporate events, gives employees opportunities to interact with executives personally and regularly, and is just a good place to work for overall.

Cons

lack of SOPs across departments, people who do their job lazily, lack of mid-level management experience

So I'm fine with a company that hires a bunch of new people, but it is a problem when a bunch of the mid-level managers do not have experience with the company and/or industry. I know several people who are responsible for others and important duties, but they just do not know how to do their job... that's a problem, but not widespread. Honestly, and I'm sure this won't be appreciated by the employees who have been here for a while, a lot of the older employees seem to be resentful at changes and new hires. Yes, we're now (I count everyone less than 9 months as new), but we're an important part of the team and do have something to contribute.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of SOPs. When the company was Sage, rules were one way. Now that it's Vitera, they're another. Even since we've been Vitera, SOPs have changed - and important ones, like cancellation notice requirements and such. Nothing more frustrating than trying to do your job and being told that rules you're playing by are no longer being used (especially when they were made since the Vitera takeover). But just my 2 cents...

It would be nice to interact with the higher level executives more often and at a personal level. Although there are the lunch meet & greet type events and other opportunities, it's nice to see execs around on a day to day. Also, please read the comments from everyone, but doing so with a grain of salt.

Apr 16, 2013Human Resources Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write this review -- we appreciate your feedback.

Other Reviews for Vitera Healthcare Solutions

Dead end job

I have been working at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Advances have been made on the software development end.

Cons

No performance reviews. No raises or performance based incentives. No opportunities to move up in this company. They got rid of older employees that were being paid too much to replace with a younger crowd that doesn't know any better. They fire employees without having replacements in place to pick up the slack. The remaining experienced representatives get dumped additional job responsibilities without a change in job title or mention of a pay increase. Managers do not want to deal with clients. Employees don't like to deal with clients. Its like we have created a culture of "hot potato" in dumping escalations on other people or departments, until the clients are back at square one; explain to me how this is "delighting our customers"? Sales reps don't understand what they are selling. Customers are painted a picture with un-realistic expectations. New techs don't understand what they are supporting. New customer service reps don't understand whats being invoiced. Prices go up, contracts are lost. Credits are issued like candy. Business decisions are made without understanding the full impact of these decisions on the company, the employees, or the clients. The benefits (i.e. health insurance) are a joke. I pay Aetna monthly to have the benefit of paying full price every time I go to the doctor, having a deductible I will NEVER meet. I won't have to worry about that too much though, being that they took away our sick time too; who has the time to go to the doctors? I do not see a bright future here...

There are so many things wrong with this company, I don't even know where to begin. Treat your employees as more than just human capital. Ensure company guidelines are set and adhered to across departments. Work on creating SOPs for every job function. Make sure the clients are well informed of changes in business policy, pricing, etc. Set standards and reward those representatives that meet or exceed those expectations. Promote from within the company.

Apr 16, 2013Human Resources Manager

Thanks for your comments. As a company, Vitera strives to cultivate an environment that rewards high performance and results. Our annual performance and merit review process is intended to foster a ... More

Not a good place to be

I worked at Vitera Healthcare Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Knowlegeable staff
    Interesting work
    Better than being unemployed

Cons

Business model is: lay off older, more experienced staff and replace with college grads
    Benefits get cut back every year, to the point where they are below average
    No reviews/raises for the last 3 years
    Layoffs happen randomly, while Sr Management continually talks up how great the company is doing.

Be truthful with your employees
    Give employees incentives to want to stay
    Put together a cohesive mission that matches your actions

Mar 14, 2013Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Vitera is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prides itself on offering a challenging, rewarding and fun work environment. Integrity is our most important corporate value ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Vitera Healthcare Solutions.

Worked for Vitera Healthcare Solutions? Contribute to the Community!