There are newer employer reviews for Viterbo University

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

I worked at Viterbo University

Pros

You feel like you're part of a family, working at Viterbo. Great sharing between departments. Your individual skills and talents are encouraged and there are plenty ways to keep you challenged.

Cons

The pay and upward mobility could be better. Although those could be the general challenges of any smaller private university.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Viterbo University (View Most Recent)

Fantastic People, Lots of opportunity for interesting work, entrepreneurial, below market wages

I have been working at Viterbo University full-time

Pros

Viterbo is totally committed to their educational mission and do a great job providing lots of academic resources and a nurturing environment for students. My coworkers are some of the most dedicated and interesting people I've met.

Cons

Below market salaries. This helps attract people that are pleasant to work with and definitely cuts back on the mercenary attitude you see at a lot of higher ed places, but you will likely be able to get a significant salary bump if you move to a peer institution. They are very up front about this, this president talked about it in his annual address to the faculty and staff, but it's still a con

Administrative Assistant

I worked at Viterbo University part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly environment, good atmosphere, great networking opportunities. They tell you the story of the university, and the history. The mission, vision, and core values are highly regarded and implemented, which truly helps you understand the culture of the university.

Cons

Benefits are the greatest I've heard...

There are newer employer reviews for Viterbo University