Vitran Express

www.vitranexpress.com

They have miles

Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsOff week ends unless you want to work. Dosnt take long to get a dedicated run. Never had a problem with my check being the correct amount and always in my account on Friday morning.

ConsPay below average for LTL carrier. Still on 5% pay cut and 401k suspended for over a year although freight volume is high. Very bad communication between management and drivers. Equipment is not very well maintained and a shortage of trucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe other LTL carriers are hiring now and paying better than Vitran even without the 5% pay cut. You are going to loose good drivers to other companies and the truth is that being greedy will only cost the company more in the end.

LTL freight company offers less than a career.

Junior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Vitran Express

Pros: The co-workers I had were fantastic. A great group of people. … Cons: Management didn't alow any thinking outside to box. If there was a problem to take care of, management dictated how the troubleshooting process world… Advice to Senior Management: Rely on your employees skill set. You hired them… More

Could be one of the great companies if positive changes were made within the organization.

Network Administrator (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Vitran Express

Pros: Vitran has some of the best employees working from them, but the good employees soon realized that the organization as a whole is not going… Cons: The pay scale is not that great. The only way to get a raise at this place is to get a promotion. Once… Advice to Senior Management: They need to start listening to the employees that work for them. Many have great ideas and changes that need to be made within… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Vitran Express.

Worked for Vitran Express? Contribute to the Community!