Vivid Marketing

www.vividbaltimore.com

Great Entry Level Experience, Really Friendly Staff

Current Employee - Sales Representative (Leader)  in  Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Sales Representative (Leader) in Columbia, MD

Pros

After reading some of these other reviews, I think people really have the wrong impression of what an entry level position is. Entry level means you're hired with no previous work experience, you're supposed to work long and hard, gaining experience in a field in which you either determine is for you -- or not for you. When I first started at Vivid Marketing, I accepted the position simply because the staff seemed really friendly, the environment was upbeat and professional, and at the end of the day I was going to be gaining valuable sales & marketing experience (which is what I needed for my first career choice - which was pharmaceutical sales). The owner, Chrysanthi Halkiotis, was a pleasure to work with. She really dedicates her time to the people who either ask for it, or earn it. She'll give you one-on-one time with her, and the advice she gave me really helped me grow personally and professionally. Now, it was apparent she didn't do this with every employee...but who can when you have roughly 40 employees in the company. I truly enjoyed my experience with Vivid. I learned time management skills, how to properly manage my weekly finances, how to coach and develop other entry level people (and many other things). If you're looking for a true entry level position and you're willing to work hard, I strongly recommend you begin your career search with Vivid Marketing.

Cons

The downsides are minor. Yes it's longer hours (M-F 8-6pm) and the pay is roughly 33,000-35,000 a year; but again it's the experience you're going for. And the office culture is honestly more relaxed and fun than any other place i've ever worked for so the downsides were totally worth it to me.

The morning schedule could be a little more organized...sometimes people were confused about what meeting to be in, but again that's minor too.

Mar 19, 2014President

Working on that morning schedule....but thank you for all the comments! I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with ways we can improve our company.

Other reviews for Vivid Marketing

Worked Hard Made Nothing

Former Employee - Account Representative  in  Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Columbia, MD

Pros

Fun place. Lots of games and makes for a quick work day. The people were fun. Definitely had fun on Thursdays.

Cons

Worked long hours made absolutely no money. Only certain people got resources in the office. The management was very selective in who they promoted to the office. The office was promoted as a friendly environment but lots of hidden anger between team members.

Be more fair.

Mar 19, 2014President

I'm terribly sorry you felt there was animosity among teammates. It's never fun having any type of drama in a professional setting. I can say however that we offer a Management Training Program ... More

Hard work does pay off

Former Employee - Account Representative for Quill Office Supplies  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Account Representative for Quill Office Supplies in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The best part about this position is if you're willing to work hard, the managers will recognize your efforts and reward you with company resources --ie. advancement opportunity, travel, additional income and bonuses etc. I loved my time at Vivid Marketing, Inc., the management staff really does focus on developing an individual from their very first day (which was totally opposite than my internships or my first job I took out of college that I thought would be my career).

Cons

The only reason I left is to go back to school and pursue my MBA. I really did like everyone working there, and the office atmosphere and energy. The only thing I would say is only apply if you're willing to work hard. It's an entry level position and they're willing to train you in all aspects of business but you have to put the work in to learn up front.

Don't have any, thanks for the opportunity to learn more about the business world! My experience was great.

Mar 19, 2014President

Always happy to recognize hard work....keep it up! :)

There are newer employer reviews for Vivid Marketing.

Worked for Vivid Marketing? Contribute to the Community!