Vivid Marketing
www.vividbaltimore.com Columbia, MD 16 to 50 Employees

Great Entry Level Experience, Really Friendly Staff

Sales Representative (Leader) (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD

I have been working at Vivid Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsAfter reading some of these other reviews, I think people really have the wrong impression of what an entry level position is. Entry level means you're hired with no previous work experience, you're supposed to work long and hard, gaining experience in a field in which you either determine is for you -- or not for you. When I first started at Vivid Marketing, I accepted the position simply because the staff seemed really friendly, the environment was upbeat and professional, and at the end of the day I was going to be gaining valuable sales & marketing experience (which is what I needed for my first career choice - which was pharmaceutical sales). The owner, Chrysanthi Halkiotis, was a pleasure to work with. She really dedicates her time to the people who either ask for it, or earn it. She'll give you one-on-one time with her, and the advice she gave me really helped me grow personally and professionally. Now, it was apparent she didn't do this with every employee...but who can when you have roughly 40 employees in the company. I truly enjoyed my experience with Vivid. I learned time management skills, how to properly manage my weekly finances, how to coach and develop other entry level people (and many other things). If you're looking for a true entry level position and you're willing to work hard, I strongly recommend you begin your career search with Vivid Marketing.

ConsThe downsides are minor. Yes it's longer hours (M-F 8-6pm) and the pay is roughly 33,000-35,000 a year; but again it's the experience you're going for. And the office culture is honestly more relaxed and fun than any other place i've ever worked for so the downsides were totally worth it to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe morning schedule could be a little more organized...sometimes people were confused about what meeting to be in, but again that's minor too.

Flag Review

Vivid Marketing President responded to this review

Mar 19, 2014

Working on that morning schedule....but thank you for all the comments! I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with ways we can improve our company.

Worked Hard Made Nothing

Account Representative (Former Employee)
Columbia, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros: Fun place. Lots of games and makes for a quick… Cons: Worked long hours made absolutely no money. Only certain people got resources in the office. The management was very selective in… Advice to Senior Management: Be more fair. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hard work does pay off

Account Representative for Quill Office Supplies (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I worked at Vivid Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros: The best part about this position is if you're willing to work hard, the managers will recognize your efforts and reward you with company resources… Cons: The only reason I left is to go back to school and pursue my MBA. I really did like everyone working there, and the… Advice to Senior Management: Don't have any, thanks for the opportunity to learn more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Vivid Marketing.

Worked for Vivid Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vivid Marketing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vivid Marketing CEO Chrysanthi Halkiotis . All reviews posted anonymously by Vivid Marketing employees.