Great atmosphere and non-monetary benefits

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Provo, UT
Former Employee - Data Entry in Provo, UT

I worked at Vivint full-time for less than a year

Pros

awesome atmosphere- they treat employees so well. great free food (1meal per 8hrs worked), gym/physical fitness facilities, and they try to break up monotonous shifts with competitions and rewards.

Cons

If you start in the call center it seems tough to move up. There aren't a lot of opportunities to move up, but there is opportunity to move across departments. If you start seasonal, you have to prove yourself pretty well in order to stay on for off-season/winter. VERY strict on shift times/time cards.

Other Reviews for Vivint

A fun time.

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional  in  Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional in Provo, UT

I worked at Vivint

Pros

It is a great work environment, everyone is friendly, they train you, you are able to trade shifts for time off, they have a cafeteria and provide "free" lunch to employees.

Cons

Around 4-6 months it is basically the same thing everyday and not everyone can advance to other positions off the phone. Being on the phone taking inbound calls wears on you. Summer time is best because there is a little down time. After the summer it can be call after call for an entire shift. Sometimes they don't allow you to take your breaks when they were scheduled depending on call volume.

Vivint is a very ambitious company that has exceptional leadership from the top, down to the bottom. Very FUN!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint

Pros

Great Benefits, Get to be active in the community through charity events, get the satisfaction of knowing that there is a checks and balances system in place to insure reps are honest, and that potential customers know exactly what they are getting before they are committed.... Very honest company!! ( The perks arent too bad either :-))

Cons

Honestly, the only downsides that I have seen to working at vivint is that there are a lot of college kids there. This is both good and bad. Good because its a college town, bad because college kids still have a sense of entitlement that the world should be given to them just like when they were kids. This makes for people that complain about their JOB to other employees and it gets annoying actually.... Not that its something that runs rampant, but as a former business owner, and a sales professional, I like to promote a positive work environment, and when younger kids complain about petty things at work, it makes me want to tell them to go get a job elsewhere than come on back when you realize how good you really had it!!! ..... Other than that, its a great place to be. 12 years ago I swore I would NEVER WORK FOR SOMEONE ELSE AGAIN!!! ... Here I am, and I actually enjoy it......So ya, thats my CON.... I had to go back on my word because I actually like the JOB I have...

Keep doing what you are doing! ... You guys have provided a world class environment for teaching people how to become successful in life. I love the way you stay positive and I love the way you push the employees to be at their best! I am a believer that you become what you think about, and at Vivint you have created an environment that focuses on being the best people you can be.... WHether through business practices, personal life, or just life in general.... Vivint pushes me to be the most successful person I can be in matters of Money, personal relationships, and even just finding the things in life that make me happy. Im bitter by nature, and a skeptic of any company as well... Thanks for all you have done and all you continue to do for me, my colleagues, and my community... Vivint is truly a great GREAT Company....

There are newer employer reviews for Vivint.

Worked for Vivint? Contribute to the Community!