There are newer employer reviews for Vivint

One of the best companies I've worked for

Former Employee - Social Media Manager in Provo, UT
Former Employee - Social Media Manager in Provo, UT

I worked at Vivint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

free gourmet food, great facility, company gym, young and modern culture

Cons

Occasionally you'll encounter some immature employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Love Vivint!

I worked at Vivint

Pros

Great company that sincerely tries to recognize employees and value their contributions. Good benefits, fun environment, lots of perks.

Cons

Lots of turnover... by the time I quit (because I had a baby and decided not to work anymore) almost everybody who was involved in hiring and training me had been fired. Multiple managers and supervisors.

Advice to Management

Keep moving the company forward and being awesome!!

2. For those in their college years, Best Sales Job to help you get ahead if you have the drive

Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Provo, UT
    Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Provo, UT

I worked at Vivint as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company overall, great strategy going forward, provides great service to customers, sales comp is great once you develop the skills, can feel good about representing the products/company, company has grown tremendously and is only expected to grow more in the future, company is involved in a lot of community/charity work, the Blackstone deal says a lot about the company's potential growth

Cons

Depending on your career goals, the compensation can be deceiving (if you're good) and hinder your development in whatever you plan to do long term. If you plan to stick around, commit to it and embrace it. It's not a bad set up if you're a good salesman. In fact it's a great set up. If you're in it for the check at the end of the day (there's nothing wrong with that), just don't let the comp prevent you from developing skills and a background based on your long term goals. Ask yourself, how much will my future employer (post graduation) value my sales experience? It may be different for different career paths. Then, have the guts to forgo the extra cash and focus on whatever it is you want to do long term while you still have time in your college years. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Advice to Management

Find a way to pay quality techs more and crappy ones less. Quality products are diluted with crappy install. Quality installs are critical especially as you move into markets of consumers with higher expectations.