Vivint

There are newer employer reviews for Vivint

Better than expected

Current Employee - Manager in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture, good food, and a growing company with a lot of opportunity. For me the upward mobility and potential increase in pay make up for any of the cons. Oh, and they had Imagine Dragons play a private show for the corporate party.

Cons

There's no 401 match or any availability for non-sales managers to buy into the future of the company. The health insurance is pricey and the deductibles are high compared with what my peers at Adobe, Property Solutions, and Domo are paying.

The focus of this company is 90% on the sales reps and the upper management and only 10% on the rest of the employees. While I understand that we need to feed the engine that drives this company, it seems as though we overly compensate one type of employee at the expense of the rest.

225 Other Employee Reviews for Vivint (View Most Recent)

Run

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Vivint (less than an year)

Pros

Good Product and sales managers are very good at selling.

Cons

Training was 3 days for about 6 hours each day, you don't get paid at all for the training...if you don't get paid while training for a company that should be a red flag. It's 100% commission, you don't get compensated for any of the gas you spend or anything like that, they make you write a list of all your friends and family and call them up to set up an "appointment" to sell them the product, you have to report to your manager while your conducting these "appointments". The sales managers are good at selling, but the sleaziest people I have ever known. If you do a google search, there are several articles on several lawsuits through many states regarding their selling practices. You can make money for each sale you make but I believe it's multi-level marketing so imagine how much of your sale your managers make. Be careful.

Change your sales practices, you have gotten in trouble in many states for them.

Ok company

I worked at Vivint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work hard and got paid well

Cons

Got let go for no reason

don't change policies every few months

There are newer employer reviews for Vivint