Better than expected

Current Employee - Manager in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, good food, and a growing company with a lot of opportunity. For me the upward mobility and potential increase in pay make up for any of the cons. Oh, and they had Imagine Dragons play a private show for the corporate party.

Cons

There's no 401 match or any availability for non-sales managers to buy into the future of the company. The health insurance is pricey and the deductibles are high compared with what my peers at Adobe, Property Solutions, and Domo are paying.

Advice to Management

The focus of this company is 90% on the sales reps and the upper management and only 10% on the rest of the employees. While I understand that we need to feed the engine that drives this company, it seems as though we overly compensate one type of employee at the expense of the rest.

Other Employee Reviews for Vivint

1. Lots of freedom, not enough testing before rolling out changes.

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing and as a result there are lots of opportunities for growth and to contribute my ideas to the direction of the company. Anyone can come on board with great ideas and personal initiative and find a place to make a difference. The culture is young and known to be a bit hipster.

Cons

Because it is a growing company, sometimes changes happen too fast without having first been adequately reviewed and tested. Management needs to spend a bit more time getting the pulse of the situation before rolling out new policies that make it look like we have no vision as a company.

Advice to Management

Make sure there is a clear career path for every employee and that we offer high quality talent development courses. Secondly, find a way to bridge the gap of communication between more departments so that when decisions are made in the company, more people feel prepared, involved and on board. This would benefit the company because then the employees wouldn't feel the disconnected nature of the decisions being made.

2. Summer Technician

Current Employee - Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Vivint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good money, and a fun time we would meet up between installs and play Frisbee and tennis or play games.

Cons

A lot of travel time, need a good group of salesmen.

Advice to Management

Nail salesmen trying to sell systems to old people who don't know what they are doing. Lost a lot of good techs because they thought it was dishonest and argued with sales managers.