There are newer employer reviews for Vivint

I'm having a great time - but there might be corporate rain clouds on the horizon

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment. Iterative approach to problem solving. We don't have the unofficial face time policy, which means you don't have to be in the office to be considered effective.

Cons

Having an investment board makes for a strong corporate overtone at higher levels. There seems to be a growing level of bureaucracy that might hinder internal innovation and growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow employees the ability to practice, try, and fail. Don't enforce development environments, or practices. (I don't have any evidence of this happening, it just killed the team at my last job)

Other Employee Reviews for Vivint

1. Good company and growing very quickly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities within Vivint and the company is constantly changing. The management is great and give you the tools needed to be able to succeed. With the constant change many new skills are presented to employees to learn to build their resume.

Cons

Sometimes with all the change employees are overlooked for growth opportunities because there isn't always time to be able to train the current employees so new people are brought in. All in all the opportunities are great to build a resume.

2. Mostly good

Current Employee - Account Creations Representative in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Account Creations Representative in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is very employee friendly. Has a lot of perks. Accepts all skill levels. Generally good environment. Very stable company. Love the humanitarian activities that are done through this company.

Cons

Many times it feels as though getting promotions or transfers is all about who you know and not what you know or how you do your job. Won't lie, it has helped me at times, but has also hindered. Love the company and most people and management, but it does feel like sometimes people are unfairly given positions because of personal things instead of business.

Advice to Management

PLEASE, all of you get together and make policies and rules. It often feels as though the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Getting several different instructions from each different authority on one subject is often overwhelmingly frustrating. If the policies were made then sent out by one person, it would make things much easier for employees.