There are newer employer reviews for Vivint

I'm having a great time - but there might be corporate rain clouds on the horizon

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relaxed environment.
Iterative approach to problem solving.
We don't have the unofficial face time policy, which means you don't have to be in the office to be considered effective.

Cons

Having an investment board makes for a strong corporate overtone at higher levels.
There seems to be a growing level of bureaucracy that might hinder internal innovation and growth.

Continue to allow employees the ability to practice, try, and fail.
Don't enforce development environments, or practices. (I don't have any evidence of this happening, it just killed the team at my last job)

197 Other Employee Reviews for Vivint (View Most Recent)

Good company and growing very quickly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities within Vivint and the company is constantly changing. The management is great and give you the tools needed to be able to succeed. With the constant change many new skills are presented to employees to learn to build their resume.

Cons

Sometimes with all the change employees are overlooked for growth opportunities because there isn't always time to be able to train the current employees so new people are brought in. All in all the opportunities are great to build a resume.

Fast-moving, Growing, and Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I genuinely feel like I work with smart and nice people. I never feel like I am being micro-managed and I am free to pursue projects and work in a way that is beneficial for me. It is a huge perk to have meals and drinks provided - I leave home with my keys and phone and I know if I work late I can grab a bite to eat.

Cons

Being in the heart of Utah Valley - competition for upper level jobs is fierce so compensation may be lower than expected. Since Vivint is contstantly growing and changing, things often get swept under the rug and aren't found until they are large issues to be solved.

Departments other than Sales need to be valued more. Sales may bring in business, but other departments are the ones who keep and save it moving forward.

There are newer employer reviews for Vivint