A focused intensity

Current Employee - Systems Administrative in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Systems Administrative in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here. Everyone is focused on a common goal, busy all the time, but really trying to make things better for everyone else. Free lunches every day. Full gym. Full Doctors Clinic available to employees.

Cons

Things are rushed sometimes without a full vetting process. Probably has to do with the culture of facilitating everything around salesmen. Health insurance premiums are quite high.

Advice to Management

Fix health insurance premiums and this would be the perfect place to work! Things are crazy here but that's because there is so much growth! Keep treading water and we'll pull through!

reviews filtered by

Always changing, growing and improving. You need to be good with change in order to work here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Once I found the department that works best for me I've loved my job! My boss is very family friendly. The free meal for every 8 hours I work is so nice! Our monthly grocery bill is much lower now that we don’t have to budget for lunches (both my husband and I work here). It’s nice to have the clinic so close and since we are on the insurance we don’t have to pay a co pay to go in for a visit. I wish the premiums weren't so high for having our whole family on the medical plan but we deal with it. I do like having the HSA benefit and we use it as our medical savings account. Most people are very open door and that makes it easier to network in the company.

Cons

You have to find the department that works best for you. Unfortunately not all departments encourage personal/company growth as much as others. The premiums for having a family on medical are really high. Yearly there is a year-end review to see how you’ve done and that the only real time you can get a pay increase. It’s not much so hopefully the amount you were brought on is high enough because it won’t get much higher each year.

2. For how fast it is growing it maintains a startup feel with longterm security.

Former Employee - Video Producer in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Video Producer in Provo, UT

I worked at Vivint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The corporate culture is innovative and challenging. The average employee age is like 26 so it has a lot hope and enthusiasm for now.

Cons

The "Old Boys Club" mentality got in a way a lot of real progress being made. Just like anything growing there was an old culture that was fighting against the new blood.

Advice to Management

I would say that balancing the old ways with the new. From what I've seen since I left it looks like everything is moving in the right direction so I would recommend to anyone to work in corporate there again.