Vivint

www.vivint.com
  www.vivint.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vivint

If you are not a salesperson you are garbage

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Vivint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cafeteria lunches only for cost of tax, clean restrooms, easy to get a job there. There are a lot of activities and days where swag is given out to keep employees happy. If you work inside sales or summer/door to door you will be happy here

Cons

They treat the salesmen as if they were gods. As a service professional I was constantly cleaning up after the humongous amount of lies that the salesmen tell to make the sale. Had to help a customer understand that a motion sensor was counterproductive in a home where they had dogs. Experienced several different accounts from different locations where door to door salesmen had gone through a neighborhood smashing windows then going through the neighborhood a few days later to sell the security system. The system is buggy and takes a lot of effort and battle to get it fixed. Company is all hype and swag.

Management is all about whose butt you are kissing if you want to move up.

Incentives given are never paid out Ina timely manner if at all

Their CEO is a jerk. He almost ran me over twice in his silver sports car without any sign of remorse. He bumped into my wife while she was standing in line in the cafeteria, when she worked there, and yelled at her about getting his way.

Create a merit system or a program through which employees can move up in the company

225 Other Employee Reviews for Vivint (View Most Recent)

Run

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Vivint (less than an year)

Pros

Good Product and sales managers are very good at selling.

Cons

Training was 3 days for about 6 hours each day, you don't get paid at all for the training...if you don't get paid while training for a company that should be a red flag. It's 100% commission, you don't get compensated for any of the gas you spend or anything like that, they make you write a list of all your friends and family and call them up to set up an "appointment" to sell them the product, you have to report to your manager while your conducting these "appointments". The sales managers are good at selling, but the sleaziest people I have ever known. If you do a google search, there are several articles on several lawsuits through many states regarding their selling practices. You can make money for each sale you make but I believe it's multi-level marketing so imagine how much of your sale your managers make. Be careful.

Change your sales practices, you have gotten in trouble in many states for them.

Ok company

I worked at Vivint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work hard and got paid well

Cons

Got let go for no reason

don't change policies every few months

There are newer employer reviews for Vivint