Vivint

www.vivint.com
  www.vivint.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vivint

Great co-workers. Not great management.

Former Employee - Quality Professional in Provo, UT
Former Employee - Quality Professional in Provo, UT

I worked at Vivint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great workplace for young students. Free food everyday. Pool tables. Low stress work environment. Decent pay. Will hire anyone.

Cons

Management is a joke. Plays favorites. If they don't like you no chance of advancement. Let go of employees for little to no reason. Claims to follow procedures but will ultimately do what they want. Low job security because of rapidly changing job environment.

Next time that you created a termination procedure, make sure that you follow it.

217 Other Employee Reviews for Vivint (View Most Recent)

Annoying over time

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Vivint part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Enhances soft skills tremendously , friendly staff, employee incentives (prizes, trips, etc.), opportunities for advancement are high as the company is growing rapidly.

Cons

Commission based pay, no compensation for travel (gas expenses), constant phone calls, poor work/life balance, workday constantly varies from early morning to late night,expected to call customers on your own time when not at work

Find a way to help compensate employees for gas when they're traveling all across the state or even out of state.

Fun, exciting and innovative.

Current Employee - Field Service Professional in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Field Service Professional in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Vivint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work as a field service professional. Since day one with vivint, APX Alarm, I have felt valued and welcomed as a family member. The management does a good job of engaging and encouraging employees to push their goals and limits. I have had several job offers of higher pay and benefits, but I would not give up the enjoyment I have with this company. Shout out to Account Managers, Field Support, NIS, Account Creations and Loyalty. The support network this company provides its customer facing employees is phenomenal.

Cons

Although improving, inventory on hand hurts FSPro's ratings and performance measures. Recent software changes also reduced effectiveness and capabilities. Some changes happen without notice and can be embarrassing.

Consider raising pool levels of employees who are considerably further from other co-workers. It's hard to get parts from others when you are hours away and want to take a same or next day appointment. Have email updates informing FSPro's about changes to the main website for customers. Overall, I appreciate working for you. There have been bumps in the road, but I have stayed with vivint for four years and plan to for many more because of the value they place on their employees and care of their customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Vivint