There are newer employer reviews for Vivint Solar

Vibrant energetic company with a lot of opportunities as they grow

Current Employee - CAD Designer
Current Employee - CAD Designer

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time

Pros

Great people, moving fast, lots of opportunities to try and develop new job skills. Great industry. I feel like we are making a difference.

Cons

Sometimes they go so fast they make mistakes. Starting pay is low, but more opportunities are available now that they are giving internal people opportunities for promotions.

Keep listening to employees and keep the good parts of the culture like flexibility, lots of fun energy, giving us a voice. But work on better structure like training and manager training. I've heard you are getting better benefits. That is really important.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Vivint Solar (View Most Recent)

Great growing company

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Vivint Solar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing company with a very friendly culture. Lots of opportunity to grow. They have a good sales force that has come from their sister company Vivint. Their D2D model allows for a lot of freedom for sales reps but also high expectations. If you perform you are rewarded. I felt overall the customer service was good. It is a very young and energetic company.

Cons

Growing pains! Lots of sales reps lose lots of money because operations can't handle the sales volume. Bad BBB rating causes reps to lose deals. This is mostly due to their affiliation with the sister company Vivint. Huge workload on sales reps to create, manage, and get accounts to install. There was a lot of baby sitting accounts instead of selling. Sometimes it feels like there is a disconnect with corporates desires and the sales reps desires. A lot of young people in important positions who often make questionable rushed decisions.

somehow find a way to put employees needs before investors needs. Most relationships from upper management felt forced and artificial. Also provide more support to new markets that need special attention. Measure twice and cut once.

Not only is the business a complete sham the culture is discriminatory and creepy. Run!!!!

I worked at Vivint Solar

Pros

Good technology and equipment given to employees on Blackstone's capital. Any tool you want just not a cohesive basic sense of business ethics to be able to use it for any good.

Cons

Religious and ethnic discrimination... These guys are above the Equal Opportunity Act, EPA, FTC, morals, ethics... They will sell your grandmother an alarm system after they break her window the night before. These are some real creeps.

Instead of going to Harvard Business School and hiring a bunch a kids from one gene pool build a product that works and stop cheating people and lying. Honestly you should be shut down.

There are newer employer reviews for Vivint Solar

Worked for Vivint Solar? Contribute to the Community!