Don't work here.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Vivo (CA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comission structure is great! Unfortunately, you are fired before you can collect your commission.

Cons

The management is very petty, micromanagers and two faced. They're not very supportive, knowledgeable or flexible. It's mental abusive. It's the first job I've had where you are terminated when you fill your pipeline. Marilyn Weinstien does this on purpose. You fill your pipeline with Candidates and instead of paying you commission, you are let go because "It's just not working out." I've seen the Account Executive and the Recruiter let go after making a placement with the same company so she wouldn't have to give up her 20%.

Advice to Management

You're going to get sued if you keep this up.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Project Manager

Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Vivo (CA) as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a staffing company who vested more in my success than Vivo does. From interview preparation, through the support I get while at a client, I can't say enough. My recruiter was great, and my engagement manager is awesome! I love the heck ins, and unlike other companies, Vivo is not just trying to get information for themselves when they meet with me!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. A seemingly great opportunity that turned in to a nightmare…

Former Employee - Brand/Marketing in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Brand/Marketing in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Vivo (CA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are very helpful and polite. Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Unfortunately I don't like giving bad reviews but I think this warranted one because the other reviews don't go much in detail. - Very very bad communication - Terrible training (I basically trained myself) - Very Disorganized - Just overall unprofessional The CEO Marilyn is impossible to get along with. I am honestly convinced she likes firing people. Senior management (if you want to call them that) and the CEO Marilyn, were on completely different pages. I would get instructions from my manager and then Marilyn would give me completely opposite instructions.... seriously? Unfortunately this is a case were the entire company literally revolves around the CEO and she is very hard to get along with and from my experience, very combative, hard to please, extremely impatient, and oddly cliquey with other women in the office. She is the perfect example of what a Boss is NOT a Leader. A leader inspires, coaches, and generates enthusiasm. The CEO Marilyn inspires fear in the office, depends on authority, and likes to places blame on people. This harbors an extremely toxic atmosphere where some employees fear for their job on a daily basis. There is super high turn over. If your hired don't expect to be there very long and build a career. Even the CEO will tell you this.

Advice to Management

Figure out what you really want from your Branding and Marketing role. Stop wasting people’s time by hiring and firing like its musical chairs. Invest in those people you hire. Adopt a project management system and give better, more clear instructions. Set clear expectations, detailed job responsibilities and for god sake stop sending combative e-mails that CC other employees when you disagree with something (are we in middle school?). Stop playing favorites and hiring people who are friends and treating people differently in the office. Pay attention to these reviews. There is a reason why you guys keep getting bad reviews.