Vivo (CA)

www.vivoinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vivo (CA)

It starts with management

I have been working at Vivo (CA) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Truly cares about providing great service to client companies AND consultants. From recruiters to sales to HR, actions are sincere in efforts to make clients and consultants happy.

The staff. Smart, quiet, loud, wacky, sassy, sweet, funny, lovely, sharp, neurotic, brooding, silly, serious... various personas and personalities make up the workforce.

Enhanced camaraderie and team-building activities. The work is fast-paced and anxiety-ridden so any excuse to take a breather and relax is on calendar. Also, snacks galore!

Values employees. Management is focused on enhancing employees' skills. Paid-for trainings at least once a year. Open door policy. Want new or additional responsibilities for skills growth? Just ask. Disagree on an idea? Chime up.

Fast course correction approach. Made a misstep? Company conducts gap analysis and involves the whole workforce right away to bring knowledge or awareness. No finger pointing. Just, "How do we prevent it from happening again?"

Nurturing management. Supportive AND direct. Management team is hands-on. They cheer for you. But they're also blunt when you've done something that could have been done better.

Cool CEO. The whole energy of the company, the values and vision, it really starts from the top.

Neat talent incubator. Spend a few months at Vivo and you'll gain so much skills you can bring to your next job, your hire-ability greatly increased.

Cons

Culture is specific. (Though I imagine most small companies are like this anyway.)

Small team size. If you're not used to being so visible, this place will jar your senses.

Last year was a revolving door for internal hires but this year, such astounding improvements. I think overall the company became more selective of who to bring into the company, find those who really share the company's vision and not just be used as a career stepping stone.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Vivo (CA) (View Most Recent)

Ethical and Fair. All I really need in a consulting company

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Vivo (CA) as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Vivo is highly responsive and cares a lot about their consultants. My company/Vivo's client prefers them for their straightforward approach, which makes me really comfortable too.

Cons

It's been a year since the last party. :)

Keep it up.

Severely lacking relationship with consultants

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Vivo (CA) as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Recruiting highly-skilled and in demand consultants.

Cons

1.Retaining consultants
    2.DOES NOT VALUE CONSULTANTS -high churn rate.
    3.Sacrifices productive relationship with consultants by under-compensating and unwillingness to adjust rates to market
    4.Clients suffer loss of valuable consultants.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

There are newer employer reviews for Vivo (CA)