There are newer employer reviews for Vocus

Modern product, Modern Company

I have been working at Vocus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vocus has a great vision, great leadership, and a great culture. I believe it is easy for candidates and employees to identify how great the culture is but first the company focus & internal resources are very helpful. They are growing fast but they have a great 4 week training program and a wonderful mix of management that has experience selling the products, and outside leadership that bring innovative ideas. Many managers have started at the bottom and worked their way up so they really know our product and tools to help each employee become successful. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and growth internally.

Cons

Contradictory to a pro I just gave them is their growth in 2012. They have grown so quickly that there have been some growing pains. They already needed to expand the HQ they just moved into at the end of 2011. Also, it seems that their turn has been heavier but really its been the same percentage of low performers, just that the number of employees is higher. I believe 2012 was a grow-out and everything will settle into place in 2013. Good luck Vocus.

Growing takes patience and time. Keep your long term growth plans in place, just be patient with employees, the buying and talent market.

255 Other Employee Reviews for Vocus (View Most Recent)

Best. Workplace. Ever.

I have been working at Vocus full-time

Pros

Excellent work environment. Work life balance. Opportunity to advance and make money.

Cons

There are no cons to working here.

Terrific Experience

Former Employee - Sales Executive  in  Beltsville, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Beltsville, MD

I worked at Vocus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible company culture, great work environment, younger energetic demographic, some great managers, and very accessible C-Level executives

Cons

some very marginal managers, small business focus, company built on a tremendous PR product but decided to switch gears and focus on a more transactional product with a small market target.

Focus more time and money in the stronger more functional product that built the company, and less in trying to target a larger (quantity) market with much lower returns.

There are newer employer reviews for Vocus

Worked for Vocus? Contribute to the Community!