Vocus

www.vocus.com

Modern product, Modern Company

ProsVocus has a great vision, great leadership, and a great culture. I believe it is easy for candidates and employees to identify how great the culture is but first the company focus & internal resources are very helpful. They are growing fast but they have a great 4 week training program and a wonderful mix of management that has experience selling the products, and outside leadership that bring innovative ideas. Many managers have started at the bottom and worked their way up so they really know our product and tools to help each employee become successful. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and growth internally.

ConsContradictory to a pro I just gave them is their growth in 2012. They have grown so quickly that there have been some growing pains. They already needed to expand the HQ they just moved into at the end of 2011. Also, it seems that their turn has been heavier but really its been the same percentage of low performers, just that the number of employees is higher. I believe 2012 was a grow-out and everything will settle into place in 2013. Good luck Vocus.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowing takes patience and time. Keep your long term growth plans in place, just be patient with employees, the buying and talent market.

Who wants to start their sales/technology career off on the right foot?"

Software Sales Executive - Small Business (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

I have been working at Vocus full-time for less than a year

Pros: The small business department grew by about 100% in 2012. This is a hot, hot place to be right now and the company's new… Cons: The small business department grew by about 100% in 2012. There have definitely been growing pains: - it's been really hard to marketing to… Advice to Senior Management: Continue promoting people from within the company. We need to see that. Hurry up with the marketing/leads overhaul. We all want to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

First job where I actually look forward to coming to work

Small Business Account Executive (Current Employee) Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Vocus full-time for less than a year

Pros: The day flies by, I'm always busy with things that needs to get done. It's a challenging job that changes day to day. The people… Cons: There is always something to do! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Vocus.

Worked for Vocus? Contribute to the Community!