Vocus

www.vocus.com
  www.vocus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vocus

Competitive company with great products, people and growth potential!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beltsville, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Vocus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company offers an amazing corporate culture! You work with professionals who are excited to be here and ready to make an impact. It's a work hard, play hard environment in addition to a work life balance approach. Dedication and hard work is recognized here and promotions happen more often then not. Overall, this company and it's employees have great potential!

Cons

Parking is sometimes an issue but rumors are, they're working on it!

269 Other Employee Reviews for Vocus (View Most Recent)

Vocus equals driven, competitive, fun environment

I have been working at Vocus

Pros

Amazing Culture
    Innovative product
    Great career progression track
    Outstanding benefits
    Vocus is an organization that motivates me to come to work every day. It promotes a culture, product, and philosophy that is a standout in the workforce. The opportunities that Vocus presents, whether in Sales, Marketing, or HR, are unlike any other company I have encountered. As Vocus continues to grow and progress, the sky is the limit for those who are with Vocus and for those potentials to come.

Cons

No where is absolutely perfect 100 % of the time, but Vocus strives every day to be an environment that stands by it's ideals.

Save your time by looking elsewhere

Current Employee - Software Sales Executive in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Software Sales Executive in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Vocus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Casual dress attire, not bad on the working hours, managers are good people and care about their teams.

Cons

I am going to start by letting you know that this is a position which is a revolving door for several reasons. On the one hand the company provides little incentives to stay- for example, the salary base is poor, the benefits are terrible (don't go through HR for 401k or medical benefits), the prospects are unqualified and have no money usually, there is no protection for write offs (you get charged back if a company you sign doesn't pay up).

On the other hand, aside the incentives, the company values only itself. I had months when I made quota, or close, and months that were the opposite (very hard on a sales rep). Despite these up and downs, the company blamed me and eventually let me go. This also happened with other individuals.

Upper management needs to realize there are too many people and the lead generation is poor. Don't let go of great people with high intelligence because you are performing poorly!

There are newer employer reviews for Vocus