Vocus

There are newer employer reviews for Vocus

Opportunities for the motivated

Current Employee - Product Management in Beltsville, MD
Current Employee - Product Management in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Vocus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity
Strong amenities
Balanced worklife
Advancement and growth opportunity
Good product offering
Growing market

Cons

Support and infrastructure not up to par yet
Behaves too much like a startup given its evolution
There is a sink or swim culture that puts off some and is invigorating to others

Develop infrastructure

279 Other Employee Reviews for Vocus (View Most Recent)

Middle Market Sales Executive

Current Employee - Mid Market Sales Executive in Beltsville, MD
    Current Employee - Mid Market Sales Executive in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Vocus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had read a lot about Vocus software by reading tech blogs and marketing blogs. The software is one-of-a-kind and no one else offers a product like Vocus. The revolutionary product is what motivated me to apply for a job. Once I interviewed, it was clear to me that the people here are happy and that they value their employees over anything else. The directors who I interviewed with seemed more concerned about their people than their quotas and they also seemed trustworthy and genuine, which is hard to find in sales.
    This job offers a much more stable working environment than my previous sales job and I am confident about the clear career path that is offered here. I can see myself being successful and moving up to the role of director and managing a sales team for Vocus in the future. There is clear career path to follow and I really like that about this position.

Cons

I do wish the location was actually in the city of Washington, DC. There is no metro available to get to work and I would prefer to work in the city where I live.

I would switch up the cube environment and make it a more open floor plan. I would update the computers to Macs. My computer is so old and slow. It would make us even more efficient if we used updated technology.

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Vocus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Vocus is a fast growing company, therefore our goal is to promote within. There are many opportunities within Vocus to create your own path in whatever you are passionate about. Vocus is currently expanding offices in the US and overseas as well as advancing our products. There are many avenues an employee can grow into, including Sales Management, Professional Development, Marketing, IT, and HR. If you are driven, passionate and talented, Vocus has a place for you. Vocus supports growth and development.

Cons

We are still a rapidly growing company, so we still have some growing pains.

There are newer employer reviews for Vocus