There are newer employer reviews for Vocus

Great amenities! Okay company.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Beltsville, MD

I worked at Vocus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Atmosphere, Arcade, shuffleboard, Ping-Pong, Free Candy, Fruit Cart, Full Gym, Half Court Basketball, Freedom.

Cons

Salary, Stress, Clients, Quotas, Expectations, Communication.

COMMUNICATE! I don't get why this seems so difficult for companies to do. New Sales needs to have clear communication with client retention (client management) and they need to have clear communication internally with support, product development and so on. Don't attempt to use fear to motivate your employees, people shut down and stop producing.

258 Other Employee Reviews for Vocus (View Most Recent)

Do not make the same mistake I made

Former Employee - Account Executive in Beltsville, MD

I worked at Vocus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free Candy and soda. Got me a much better job.

Cons

Everything else. First off the training is terrible and it leaves you completely unprepared for the job. Secondly management is clueless about how to run successful sales teams and they continuously shift messaging to attempt to find the right button to push (it's not working). This place is a clown factory, the tools that they sell don't work and by the end of it you almost feel bad closing deals because you know you are basically stealing from the customer. I was a top performer on my team but couldn't take how idiotic management was and no longer felt comfortable duping the customer.

do not work at vocus.

Find someone to buy Vocus before your stock is basically worthless. Your earnings are dismal and market share is dwindling. Your product does not deliver on any of it's promises, sell Vocus for whatever you can get for it before the market finds out that your tools are basically worthless.

Okay first job, not if you are looking for a step up in your career

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Beltsville, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Beltsville, MD

I worked at Vocus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- The product is actually very good, the prospects you will sell to aren't open minded though.
    - Everyone is very friendly
    - The office culture is like nothing else you'll ever find (a lot of free soda, candy, coffee, a gym)
    - I would recommend this company to a friend, just not this position.

Cons

- Really is a position for people just out of college. If you are taking this role as a career stepping stone, don't. Had another job before this one, was promised I'd make more money here, but didn't. Was a top performing rep until they restructured the department and fired the VP of Sales. Knew it was time to bow out then.

- The sales department of like one big fraternity/sorority. If you want to work in a professional environment. This is not it.

Need to seriously re-evaluate sales structure before you catapult into growth period.

There are newer employer reviews for Vocus