There are newer employer reviews for Vodafone

Overpaid and under appreciated. A very immature company to work for.

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Newbury, England (UK)
Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Newbury, England (UK)

I worked at Vodafone full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Vodafone compensate extremely well, they give you free reign to do as you see fit to complete your task.

Cons

For a company so big they have a very immature corporate culture, they have people in directorial positions within their technical side who have been promoted up from working with the company when it was first started, most of the time they do not comprehend what you are telling them about what you are doing or how a problem needs to be fixed. A lot of internal e-mails communicating known issues that could hold the company liable for negligence were passed around to be kept quiet instead of addressing the issue at hand.

Take a serious look at your departmental management team, find out serious issues that they should need to know about and ask them on the spot, you will be sorely dissappointed, many times I was asked by my unit director to reply and pass the e-mail back on to her so that she could take credit for the work.

408 Other Employee Reviews for Vodafone (View Most Recent)

Vodafone was Educative and Intuitive

Former Employee - Sales Administrator in Accra (Ghana)
    Former Employee - Sales Administrator in Accra (Ghana)

I worked at Vodafone full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Salary.
    Nice working staff.
    Global Company.
    Hard work is rewarded.

Cons

Job insecurity.
    Too much concentration on branding.

I had wanted to write something but most of my thoughts are been implemented now. My only advice is that they do more social projects for the country and it's people.

Vodafone is the place to build not only your skills, but also the way you relate to yourself and others.

Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Braşov (Romania)
    Former Employee - Telesales Agent in Braşov (Romania)

I worked at Vodafone part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best things about Vodafone are the people, the company culture and the way it affects life around it. The work environment allows you to learn things that you can later use in all the areas of your life. And although rules are rules, you still have the possibility to get to know people, make friends, enjoy some unique moments.

Cons

Stress and money. The targets are very flexible, the downside of that being that they are always changing, not always in a realistic manner. That situation is always felt rougher by the entry level employees, with direct impact on money and stress levels. Job security can be an issue if you are a person that likes to stay in one place.

Even in crisis conditions, care about your people and do not lower service quality. Look beyond the figures! The temptation to cut corners can have negative effects, now and later.

There are newer employer reviews for Vodafone