Vogel Consulting

Learning Opportunities Don’t Outweigh the Broke Culture - Look Elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Vogel Consulting

Pros

Employees have the opportunity to learn new skills and get exposure to a variety of tasks/disciplines starting on day one. I believe that I improved my technical abilities during my time at the company.

Cons

Morale among employees is dismal. Worse, management does not seem to care about the morale issue and only a couple managers even acknowledge that a morale issue exists. Low morale seems to stem from the poor treatment of employees, vague and sometimes antagonistic communications from management, and extremely high staff turnover.

Management is structured so that employees have multiple bosses/directors, thus creating power struggles between directors. This undermines the mentoring relationship that managers and their direct staff should have.

The culture needs a complete overhaul if you want to attract and retain good people. Motivate people in a positive way; threats of job loss do not motivate people to do great work. Communicate openly and honestly with staff to build trust.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Vogel Consulting (View Most Recent)

This website is a joke

I have been working at Vogel Consulting

Pros

It is clearly just a place for former (most likely terminated) employees to make immature and ridiculous complaints.

As a current and non-biased staff member, I would like to share that I very much enjoy my job at Vogel. I am challenged daily which helps me grow, I enjoy my coworkers, and management is always very flexible and understanding with any time off requests. I truly feel appreciated and that there is a place for me here as the company continues to grow.

Cons

Can be demanding at times, but I didn't decide to work at an accounting firm thinking I would only be working 40 hours a week.

My Ideal Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Vogel Consulting

Pros

Vogel is a small environment that offers challenging and exciting opportunities for all employees. I have learned more and am responsible for more than I ever thought possible because of the owners willingness to share her knowledge and experiences with me.

Cons

Because of the high degree of client service required, there are times when the demands of the job may interfer with life balance. However, life balance is viewed as a two way street and there is always give and take going both ways.

There are newer employer reviews for Vogel Consulting