Volcano Corporation
www.volcanocorp.com San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Should be Acquired to achieve full potential and dedicated workforce

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Volcano Corporation

ProsFriendly workforce and good engineers.

ConsExecutive staff and pay is terrible. The company is controlled by the CFO. Executives reject miniscule raises for the workforce yet find plenty of money to issue themselves hundreds of thousands of dollars in bonuses (executive pay is public information). Morale is in the tank largely due to this fact.

No one believes what the executives say. The company would do well to be acquired.

Employee development is 100% non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementVolcano has not positioned itself to retain the best people. Stop thinking about your own bank account and start being competitive by issuing bonuses and competitive pay to those who are making you successful.

Great bunch of support staff - fluxing work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Volcano Corporation

Pros: The staff in general are hard-working individuals that go to… Cons: There is virtually no investment in staff development. Changes are communicated only… Advice to Senior Management: No comment No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Mid-size company with local feel

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Volcano Corporation

Pros: Medical device development and well funded Cons: Growing by more by acqusition than market share Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Volcano Corporation.

Worked for Volcano Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Volcano Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Volcano Corporation CEO R. Scott Huennekens. All reviews posted anonymously by Volcano Corporation employees.