Volt Information

www.volt.com

Welcome to the Machine

Tech Editor II (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsAs far as contracting through Volt, it's not a bad place to work but nothing special either. I'd say it ranks about the same as any other enormous, monolithic, impersonal corporation. Sadly, this is the biggest "Pros" example I can provide.

ConsBenefits have definitely deteriorated over the years and are not as competitive, relatively speaking, as with other contracting agencies. Communication is often an issue. When I had a question about my benefits, I was treated indifferently and passed along to three different people, the final person not at all confident about her answer.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication between yourselves and your employees, instructing them to improve communication with their contractors and vendors. Take a pay cut and improve benefits back to normal levels.

Professional staffing agency.

Temporary (Former Employee) Denver, CO

I worked at Volt Information as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: They put me to work, Quick and accurate interview assessment process, job placement comparable to my skill set, option to turn down assignments, most companies… Cons: Temp opportunities rarely provide benefits, and the commute to certain… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what your doing, I would and will use… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good for short-term employment at Microsoft

Software Test Engineer II (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

I worked at Volt Information as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Depending on the group that you get into, it can either be just a paycheck or an interesting gig to be a contractor at Microsoft.… Cons: Volt will try to keep your hourly rate low, since they basically make the difference between what they charge MSFT and what they pay you.… Advice to Senior Management: I think managment (or at least the reps that we, as contractors, interact with) know that many people are using it as a stepping stone… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Volt Information.

Worked for Volt Information? Contribute to the Community!